Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using sscanf
Top Forums Programming using sscanf Post 302403981 by murugaperumal on Monday 15th of March 2010 08:16:52 AM
Old 03-15-2010
If you give the 5 it will work correctly. But if you give 8 it will take the value as octal value. So that only it is not working.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sscanf function is failing

Please delete this thread. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
0 Replies

2. Programming

sscanf !!

I have a string Form this string, I want to extract I am unable to do that with sscanf because of the space between the words. What else can I use? #include <stdio.h> char buf_2; int main() { char *buf_1 = "\\\\?\\whats going on"; sscanf(buf_1,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
4 Replies

3. Programming

help with sscanf()!

Hi everybody, i need help with this function, i'm programming in CGI with C and i can't make this work. QUERY_STRING is something like: user=MYUSER&pass=MYPASS So, what i want is to store the strings containing the username and the password into str1 and str2 respetively, here's the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
4 Replies

4. Programming

help with sscanf

I need to match a float inside a very long string (about 5000 chars) with sscanf. (I trimmed the string in this example.) I can't seem to match all the chars that come before and after the float. int main(void) { char A = ""; strcat(A, " hello world! WORD' name='5.3498' hello world! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: limmer
1 Replies

5. Programming

Help with sscanf

sscanf does not stop at the first "&". How can I extract "doe" ? char A = "name=john&last=doe&job=vacant&"; char B = "last"; char C = ""; char *POINTER = strstr(A, B); sscanf(POINTER + strlen(B), "=%s%*", C); printf("%s\n", C); // doe&job=vacant& (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
2 Replies

6. Programming

sscanf() weired behaviour

Hi with the following code int a, b; while ((n = readline (connfd, buf, sizeof(buf)-1)) > 0) { buf = '\0'; if (sscanf(buf,"%d %d",&a,&b) != 2) snprintf (buf, sizeof(buf), "data error\r\n"); else { printf("\nRecvd %d and %d",a,b); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princebadshah
1 Replies

7. Programming

Format specifier for sscanf() in C

Hello, I have formatted lines delimited by colon ":", and I need to parse the line into two parts with sscanf() with format specifiers. infile.txt: Sample Name: sample1 SNPs : 91 MNPs : 1 Insertions : 5 Deletions ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
13 Replies
elf_version(3ELF)					       ELF Library Functions						 elf_version(3ELF)

NAME
elf_version - coordinate ELF library and application versions SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lelf [ library ... ] #include <libelf.h> unsigned elf_version(unsigned ver); DESCRIPTION
As elf(3ELF) explains, the program, the library, and an object file have independent notions of the latest ELF version. elf_version() lets a program query the ELF library's internal version. It further lets the program specify what memory types it uses by giving its own working version, ver, to the library. Every program that uses the ELF library must coordinate versions as described below. The header <libelf.h> supplies the version to the program with the macro EV_CURRENT. If the library's internal version (the highest version known to the library) is lower than that known by the program itself, the library may lack semantic knowledge assumed by the program. Accordingly, elf_version() will not accept a working version unknown to the library. Passing ver equal to EV_NONE causes elf_version() to return the library's internal version, without altering the working version. If ver is a version known to the library, elf_version() returns the previous (or initial) working version number. Otherwise, the working version remains unchanged and elf_version() returns EV_NONE. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample display of using the elf_version() function. The following excerpt from an application program protects itself from using an older library: if (elf_version(EV_CURRENT) == EV_NONE) { /* library out of date */ /* recover from error */ } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
elf(3ELF), elf32_xlatetof(3ELF), elf_begin(3ELF), libelf(3LIB), attributes(5) NOTES
The working version should be the same for all operations on a particular ELF descriptor. Changing the version between operations on a descriptor will probably not give the expected results. SunOS 5.10 11 Jul 2001 elf_version(3ELF)