Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Which is the best way/command to do mathematics in UNIX scripting? Post 302403959 by amitranjansahu on Monday 15th of March 2010 07:26:48 AM
Old 03-15-2010

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mathematics operations in unix

Hello guys! Can say me anybody about operatios with unix, I don't to make operations, only inside in a variable, like this #y=4 #x=2 #let z=$y-$x #echo $z # 2 but I can't to make mathematical operations with decimal like this #y=3.2 #x=1.5 #let z=$y-$x #echo $z # 3 this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesar720213
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mathematics in shell script

Hi Friends, I am new to shell scripting and a trying to work this out. I have a variable called $number. The value in this variable is 10 I want to display $number - 2 in a mail. The result would be 8 eg. mail -s 'subject' user <<eof the result of your calculation is $number - 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

hell & mathematics

I've been able to generate output based on the code scarfake provided me (thanks again man). A little background so everyone more or less knows whats going on: I needed code that would propagate a database with 100,000 entries, for capacity testing purposes, something like a stress test. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogoy
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

recommend book for unix command/ shell scripting

Hi, i wish to learn unix commands and shell scripting. platform is solaris. but i am focused more on handy unix commands than system administration. which books do you recommend? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nurulamin862
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting( Calling from Unix to PLSQL)

Hello Experts, I have the following questions to be discussed here at this esteemed discussion forum. I have two Excel sheets which contain Unix Commands llike creating directory the structure/ftp/Copy/Zip etc to basically create an environment. I need help in understanding some of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faizsaadq
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If else condition inside for loop of awk command in UNIX shell scripting

Hi , Please excuse me for opening a new thread i am unable to find out the syntax error in my if else condition inside for loop in awk command , my actual aim is to print formatted html td tag when if condition (True) having string as "failed", could anyone please advise what is the right... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Trivial Pursuit - New Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia for UNIX.com

I have added a new experimental "Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia - True or False" section in the discussions, currently under the tags box. In the future, I plan to Expand this feature to add more trivia categories from math, science and technology. Keep track of correct and... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
20 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)