Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat identifying SU mode by shell script Post 302403732 by Franklin52 on Sunday 14th of March 2010 09:00:20 AM
Old 03-14-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtel
the following bash script is not working in fedora-11 Could anyone help me please?

Code:
#!/bin/bash

if
[$[`id -u`] -ne  0];then
       echo " you are in root"
else   echo " you must be in root -su mode??"
fi
exit

Replace:
Code:
if [$[`id -u`] -ne  0]

with:
Code:
if [ $(id -u) -ne 0 ]

Be aware of the spaces around the square brackets.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run shell script in silent mode

Hi, I have a AIX shell script that normally runs in an interactive mode. Now there is a need to it in silent mode and take all default answers. How do I do that? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: x057373
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying prior date in shell script

Hi guys, I'm a newbie to shell script. I have to write a shell script that is supposed to give me a date which should be older than the current date when I supply "no. of days" as a command line parameter to the script. (i.e)., if I am giving the no. of days value as 305, the script should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vi Mode of Shell Not Starting

Hi all, I wish to use the vi mode of UNIX shell. For this, I did the following: # set -o vi Next when I write a few letter on the prompt and press 'Esc' and 'v', I am not taken to the vi mode. I could start the vi mode on other unix systems, in the manner same as above, but unable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: almond
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging perl and shell debug mode.

I have a shell program which calls a perl program. I am running the shell program with command; $ ksh -x <prog_name> Inside the shell program, I am calling perl with warnings. I want to capture the entire output as it comes on screen. The command I tried is: $ ksh -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for identifying and deleting dupes in a line

I am compiling a synonym dictionary which has the following structure Headword=Synonym1,Synonym2 and so on, with each synonym separated by a comma. As is usual in such cases manual preparation of synonyms results in repeating the synonym which results in dupes as in the example below:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - Script assistance on identifying non matching fields

Hoping for some assistance. my source file consists of: os, ip, username win7, 123.56.78, john win7, 123.56.78, paul win7, 10.1.1.1, john win7, 10.2.2.3, joe I've been trying to run a script that will only return ip and username where the IP address is the same and the username is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekvaio
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debugging mode while executing Unix Shell Scripting

Hi, Is there any debugging tool for Unix Shell Script like we have gdb in C/C++? Also please let me know how to close the thread is it automatic or we have to close it manually. Thanks and Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Perl script for identifying dupes in column1

Dear all, I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure source word=target word e.g. book=livre Since the database is very large in spite of all the care taken, it so happens that at times the source word is repeated e.g. book=livre book=tome Since I want to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

From a C++ application how to find if a hpux host is in standard mode or trusted mode

is there a way for my C++ application to find out which mode the hpux OS is running in? standard mode or trusted mode. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: einsteinBrain
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell vim defaulting to Insert or Command mode

On a daily basis I need to SSH into several different RHEL servers using Putty. On some of the servers, if I up arrow to get a previous command, it automatically starts in Input Mode, so if I press up arrow, then 'x' it will type the letter x at the end of the command line. On other servers, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: derndingle
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)