Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dynamic number of parameter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dynamic number of parameter Post 302403697 by co0oly on Sunday 14th of March 2010 12:36:31 AM
Old 03-14-2010
no i didn't mean that i mean if i want to create new script which will ptree the process and log the output then kill it
for example
script.sh -9 xxxx
script.sh -9 xxxx yyyy zzzz

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I make dynamic parameter names? Or get the value of a parameter evaluated twi

Say I write something like the following: var1=1 var2=2 for int in 1 2 do echo "\$var$int" done I want the output to be: 1 2 Instead I get something like: $var1 $var2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking if parameter passed is a number

I have written a function that fills an array and another function where if a parameter is supplied it will jump to that part of the array and cat it to the screen. I need to put in some checks to make sure the parameter supplied is firstly a number and then not a number great than the length of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnia
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Defining Dynamic Number of Variables in a Bash Script

Code: $ cat test.bash #!/bin/bash job=$1 steps=$2 num=$(echo "$@" | wc -w) Example Submission: $ ./test.bash BS01 3 1 2 3 What: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkastin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check parameter is number or string

Hey I'm new in linux, I'm looking for a code to check whether the parameter is a number or a string. I have already tried this code: eerste=$(echo $1 | grep "^*$">aux) if But it doesn't work.:confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eclecticaa
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[C SHELL] How to pass dynamic number of arguments

I have a task. The scenario is like this. I have a operation program (OPR1) , whose function is to simply double the (single)value it receives as input. I have to write a script to operate the OPR1 and save its output in a file. Later, I have to modify the script so as to be able to operate ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
0 Replies

6. AIX

Maximum number of processes kernel parameter

Hi, Is there a maximum number of processes kernel parameter in AIX. Solaris has max_nprocs, HP-UX has nproc, I can only find max user process (maxuproc) for AIX. Thanks, Wilson. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign a shell variable to a NUMBER parameter in pl/sql?

I have the below script running for generating file from PL/SQL stored procedure. I need to declare a shell variable and then pass this to sqlplus command to pass the same as a INPUT parameter for the stored procedure. Please help to do this. #!/bin/sh minlimit=0 maxlimit=10 size=100 while... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic number to replace with line

Hi, I have file as below COMMIT # at 34572 # at 23432 COMMIT # at 5674 # at 7856 I want to replace with as below (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell manipulating the string into dynamic currency number

Conversion of string into currency value.. ex1: number_of_positions=2 input_string=345987 Output= 345,987.00 ex2: number_of_positions=4 input_string=1345987 Output= 1,345,987.0000 Please respond as soon as possible edit by bakunin: we will gladly respond as soon as... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: suren.bills
15 Replies

10. AIX

Maxuproc parameter and number of processes

Hi there, I am having a problem on an AIX server running a WebSphere MQ instance. The problem is that sometimes it seems to reach process limit, but I do not find the processes themselves. What I see: succeed to log in (as root from console os as nonpriviliged user via ssh). Trying to run... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: trifo75
19 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)