Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dynamic number of parameter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dynamic number of parameter Post 302403692 by co0oly on Sunday 14th of March 2010 12:26:49 AM
Old 03-14-2010
Question Dynamic number of parameter

Hi all
Is there away to create a script with dynamic number of parameter..
like the kill command in UNIX
kill -9 xxx xxx
cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I make dynamic parameter names? Or get the value of a parameter evaluated twi

Say I write something like the following: var1=1 var2=2 for int in 1 2 do echo "\$var$int" done I want the output to be: 1 2 Instead I get something like: $var1 $var2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking if parameter passed is a number

I have written a function that fills an array and another function where if a parameter is supplied it will jump to that part of the array and cat it to the screen. I need to put in some checks to make sure the parameter supplied is firstly a number and then not a number great than the length of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnia
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Defining Dynamic Number of Variables in a Bash Script

Code: $ cat test.bash #!/bin/bash job=$1 steps=$2 num=$(echo "$@" | wc -w) Example Submission: $ ./test.bash BS01 3 1 2 3 What: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkastin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check parameter is number or string

Hey I'm new in linux, I'm looking for a code to check whether the parameter is a number or a string. I have already tried this code: eerste=$(echo $1 | grep "^*$">aux) if But it doesn't work.:confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eclecticaa
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[C SHELL] How to pass dynamic number of arguments

I have a task. The scenario is like this. I have a operation program (OPR1) , whose function is to simply double the (single)value it receives as input. I have to write a script to operate the OPR1 and save its output in a file. Later, I have to modify the script so as to be able to operate ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
0 Replies

6. AIX

Maximum number of processes kernel parameter

Hi, Is there a maximum number of processes kernel parameter in AIX. Solaris has max_nprocs, HP-UX has nproc, I can only find max user process (maxuproc) for AIX. Thanks, Wilson. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign a shell variable to a NUMBER parameter in pl/sql?

I have the below script running for generating file from PL/SQL stored procedure. I need to declare a shell variable and then pass this to sqlplus command to pass the same as a INPUT parameter for the stored procedure. Please help to do this. #!/bin/sh minlimit=0 maxlimit=10 size=100 while... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic number to replace with line

Hi, I have file as below COMMIT # at 34572 # at 23432 COMMIT # at 5674 # at 7856 I want to replace with as below (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell manipulating the string into dynamic currency number

Conversion of string into currency value.. ex1: number_of_positions=2 input_string=345987 Output= 345,987.00 ex2: number_of_positions=4 input_string=1345987 Output= 1,345,987.0000 Please respond as soon as possible edit by bakunin: we will gladly respond as soon as... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: suren.bills
15 Replies

10. AIX

Maxuproc parameter and number of processes

Hi there, I am having a problem on an AIX server running a WebSphere MQ instance. The problem is that sometimes it seems to reach process limit, but I do not find the processes themselves. What I see: succeed to log in (as root from console os as nonpriviliged user via ssh). Trying to run... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: trifo75
19 Replies
face(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           face(1)

NAME
face - executable for the Framed Access Command Environment Interface SYNOPSIS
face [-i init_file] [-c command_file] [-a alias_file] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The Framed Access Command Environment Interface (FACE) presents your files and file folders on the screen through a system of menus and forms if you are properly set up as a FACE user. filename must follow the naming convention Menu.xxx for a menu, Form.xxx for a form, and Text.xxx for a text file, where xxx is any string that conforms to the UNIX system file naming conventions. The Form and Menu Language Interpreter (FMLI) descriptor lifetime will be ignored for all frames opened by argument to face. These frames have a lifetime of immortal by default. If filename is not specified on the command line, the FACE Menu will be opened along with those objects specified by the LOGINWIN environment variables. These variables are found in the user's .environ file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a alias_file Alias file -c command_file Command file -i init_file Initial file OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: filename The full pathname of the file describing the object to be opened initially. EXIT STATUS
The face command will return a non-zero exit value if the user is not properly set up as a FACE user. FILES
$HOME/pref/.environ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfac | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
env(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 face(1)