Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Networks alternative to Internet Post 302403618 by Action on Saturday 13th of March 2010 11:36:29 AM
Old 03-13-2010
Corona688, yow it's interesting what you told. For me it's not about problems with Internet access, otherewise i wouldn't write here. For me it's about modern junk and good old things like gopher, uucp, and so on.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX versus Networks

HI folks, Actually i have a network engineer having 2 and 1/2 years of experience in cisco having CCNA certification also. Now my company offering me to move to AIX field. I am new to AIX and do not know more about that field. So i want a suggestion from you peoples, that I have to join AIX or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawatmohinder
5 Replies

2. Linux

SFTP an internet address from a system behind an internet proxy

I was wondering if it is possible to setup SFTP to go through the internet proxy while connecting to an internet location. Problem: Client system is behind internet proxy. SFTP to any internet location fails as there is no documented way to configure SFTP to connect to internet locations through... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toobrown1
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Multiple networks on same server

If I have 2 interfaces in a server on the same subnet/network does Solaris automatically choose to route packets destined for this network out the first interface. I.e if ce0 and ce1 were on same network ce0 would be chosen as it's first interface? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

solaris routing between two networks

ce0: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 10.162.212.132 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.162.212.255 ether 0:14:4f:55:82:9 ce1: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3 inet 10.231.11.232 netmask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busyboy
1 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris routing between two networks

ce0: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 10.162.212.132 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.162.212.255 ether 0:14:4f:55:82:9 ce1: flags=1100843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3 inet 10.231.11.232 netmask... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

What Social Networks Do You Use Regularly?

What Online Social Networks Do You Use Regularly? I use Facebook and LinkedIn nearly everyday.... You? If your online social network is not listed, please do a "write in" vote.. Thanks! (39 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
39 Replies

7. AIX

Setting up NIM for different networks

Hi, I am struggling setting up a NIM master to serve hosts on a network that is not directly accessible through the "master"-s default interface. I now that I need to set up network definitions and maybe NIM routes, but got confused. The master has 2 interfaces: * en0 holding the address... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trifo75
8 Replies
errors(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 errors(4)

NAME
errors - Contains a record of uucico daemon errors SYNOPSIS
/usr/spool/uucp/.Admin/errors DESCRIPTION
The /usr/spool/uucp/.Admin/errors file contains a record of uucico daemon errors that the uucp program cannot correct. For example, if the uucico daemon is unable to access a directory that is needed for a file transfer, the uucp program records this in the errors file. If debugging is enabled for the uucico daemon, the uucp program sends the error messages to standard output instead of to the errors file. EXAMPLES
Following is the text of an error that might appear in the errors file: ASSERT ERROR (uucico) pid: 303 (7/18-8:25:09) SYS- TAT OPEN FAIL /usr/spool/uucp/.Status/ (21) [SCCSID: @(#)systat.c 7.2 87/07/08 16:43:37, FILE: systat.c, LINE:100] This error occurred on July 18 at 8:25:09 a.m. [(7/18-8:25:09)] when the uucico daemon, running as process 303 [(uucico) pid: 303], could not open the /usr/spool/uucp/.Status directory [SYSTAT OPEN FAIL /usr/spool/uucp/.Status/]. To prevent this error from occurring again, you should make sure the permissions for the .Status directory are correct. It should be owned by the uucp login ID and group uucp, with permissions of 777 (read, write, and execute for owner, group, and all others). FILES
Contains the errors file and other uucp administrative files Lists the last time a remote system was contacted and the minimum time until the next retry RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: uudemon.cleanu(4) Daemons: uucico(8) delim off errors(4)