Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running for loop on remote server Post 302403596 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 13th of March 2010 09:58:36 AM
Old 03-13-2010
Are you certain about this syntax it fails:
Code:
 find . -name '*.lis' -exec echo cp {} {}.lis \;
cp ./.ssh/t.lis {}.lis
cp ./t.lis {}.lis
cp ./test.lis {}.lis

on Solaris 9.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running shell scripts on a remote server

Hi - I am running Mac OS X (Terminal) at my current workstation, and I would like to telnet to my local server to run a shell script. The local server is a Solaris machine (don't know the version or the type of Unix being run on it, sorry.) The problem I have is that when I create a #!/bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepintheshort
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running a script on remote server.

I need to run a script on a remote server from my ksh script. The issue I'm having is that I need to logon to the remote server as a different user. (see the following) logged on to server 1 as adsmgr neet to log on to server 2 as odemgr run passwd_util.ksh Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whited05
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a remote Server through perl script

Hello people, I am want to run a server on remote machine through perl scripting using telnet api. Now when I try to do so, the server gets started perfectly, but as soon as I close the telnet connection in the script, the server started on the remote machine suddenly goes down. I also... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrak
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running an informix query on remote server

Hi, I have the following query: ------------------------------------------------------------------- set -xv ssh <remote server name> -l <login> export CLIENT_LOCALE=<some value> export INFORMIXDIR=<directory name> TERM=vt100 $INFORMIXDIR/bin/dbaccess sysmaster@dwem_test<<EOF>temp.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a Script in a Remote server

I am trying to write a script that would let me run a command in a remote server using ssh. scriptA: (dcm2nii is a command that only works on the other server) dcm2nii a b c scriptB: (I run this one on the current server) ssh -X otherserver /home/abc/Desktop/scriptA But when I do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZeroGPX
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Running command on Remote server

Hi, I have username/password for a remote server. I would like to have list of filenames and their size in a particular directory of remote server. Now Problem is - I can not use rsh command as I can not modify rhost file of remote server. Thanks in advance. Sanjay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script on remote server

Hi All, I need to run a ksh script on around 200 servers(consisting of AIX,LInux,HP-UX,Solaris). The script is there in the /tmp directory of all the servers. I want want to execute the script in background on the respective servers and then exit from there. I have written something like below:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh - running commands on remote server

Hi, I am trying to run commands on a list of servers that I can ssh to and just want to know if there is a 'cleaner' way of doing this. At the moment, I am doing as below. Is there a way that I can escape the double quote differently? If a use a single quote to enclose the commands that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check processes running on remote server

Hello Guys, I need some help to find out if processes are running on remote server or not. I could do 'ssh' to do that but due to some security reasons, I need to avoid the ssh & get result from remote server. Could you please suggest some that can be done without ssh or similar sort of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnknownGuy
8 Replies
FLUXBOX-REMOTE(1)						  Fluxbox Manual						 FLUXBOX-REMOTE(1)

NAME
fluxbox-remote - command line access to key commands for fluxbox(1) SYNOPSIS
fluxbox-remote command DESCRIPTION
fluxbox-remote(1) is designed to allow scripts to execute most key commands from fluxbox(1). fluxbox-remote(1) will only work with fluxbox(1): its communications with fluxbox(1) are not standardized in any way. It is recommended that a standards-based tool such as wmctrl(1) be used whenever possible, in order for scripts to work with other window managers. CAVEATS
fluxbox-remote(1) uses the X11 protocol to communicate with fluxbox(1). Therefore, it is possible for any user with access to the X(7) server to use fluxbox-remote(1). For this reason, several key commands have been disabled. Users should be aware of the security implications when enabling fluxbox-remote(1), especially when using a forwarded X(7) connection. RESOURCES
session.screen0.allowRemoteActions: <boolean> This resource in ~/.fluxbox/init must be set to 'true' in order for fluxbox-remote(1) to function. Please read the CAVEATS first. ENVIRONMENT
In order to communicate with fluxbox(1), the DISPLAY environment variable must be set properly. Usually, the value should be ':0.0'. AUTHORS
This man page written by Mark Tiefenbruck <mark at fluxbox.org> SEE ALSO
fluxbox(1) fluxbox-keys(5) wmctrl(1) AUTHOR
Mark Tiefenbruck <mark@fluxbox.org> Author. fluxbox-remote.txt 27 February 2011 FLUXBOX-REMOTE(1)