Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Missing Assigned Variable within logic operator Post 302403535 by sexyTrojan on Friday 12th of March 2010 11:30:27 PM
Old 03-13-2010
Hey,

Thanks for replying but I've tried using the back tick and i didn't give a space when assigning variable but instead i'm getting this error

./testVar: line 7: jey: command not found

the changeName=`echo $name | sed "s/on/ey/"` command cannot be read if i used the back tick

please helpp

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does $? mean when assigned to a variable?

If i write this statement in a Korn Shell script RCODE=$? what possibly does it eman? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjita.c
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a variable has a value assigned?

Hi, I want to check if a variable has a value assigned to it or not. I can do following - cat $Var > File1 if then echo "$Var has value" else echo "$Var is null" fi But I have to check for 3 Variables and I want to wrap it up in couple of unix statements. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unary operator is missing

hi , i m getting an error unary operator is missing. pls check why is this so? i=5 while test $i !=0 do echo $i i=`expr $i - 1` done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash] Variable won't get assigned value

I am making of a script that will go through a couple of for loops and create file names based on the values in that loop, however the variable that combines everything is not getting assigned properly: #! /bin/bash for imod in K33_j1b_WS9_6 do for emod in mb2A mb2C mb3A mb3C mb4A... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badinsults
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use logic NOT operator for multiple AND conditions

Hi, my requirement is that my builds should not be built if the current hour is greater 3 but not (between 12 and 15), I'm trying to write a shell script for this but there is always an error hour=$1 echo "hour:$hour" if && ! && ]; then echo "exit" else echo "enter" fi ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgsrinivas
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a data assigned to a variable

The requirement is, there is a log file which contains a huge data. i need to get a particular field out of it by searching with another field. ex: 2011-03-28 13:00:07,423 : millis=231 q={ call get_data_account(?,?,?,?,?) }, params= i need to search for the word "get_data_account" in file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jassz
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you check if a variable has been assigned?

I am trying to check whether a variable has been assigned on the command line or not. Here is what I did: #!/usr/bin/bash if( $variable == '\0') { print "variable was not assigned" exit } else NF = 2 {print $1, ""} exit fi awk -f question1.awk variable = 58 letters.txt. So... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred63528
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl multiple qr assigned to variable

Experts, I'm having problems with the code below. I'm trying to test $var2 for two different regexs. I thought it could be done per below, but I'm getting the following error when running. $ ./test.pl b fed50c0100**** Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
2 Replies

9. Programming

Missing Logic Looping Through Switch Statement

Having trouble with the logic when looping over this switch case again: for (j = 0; data != 0; j++){ switch(data){ case 'c': output = ranit(r_brace_array); break; case 'h': output = ranit(pipe_array); break; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
6 Replies
XmScaleSetTicks(library call)											     XmScaleSetTicks(library call)

NAME
XmScaleSetTicks -- A Scale function that controls tick marks SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Scale.h> void XmScaleSetTicks( Widget scale, int big_every, Cardinal num_medium, Cardinal num_small, Dimension size_big, Dimension size_medium, Dimension size_small); DESCRIPTION
XmScaleSetTicks controls the number, location, and size of the tick marks on a Scale. Each tick mark is a SeparatorGadget oriented perpen- dicular to the Scale's orientation. For example, if the Scale is oriented horizontally, the tick marks will be oriented vertically. If you specify tick marks for a Scale and then change the Scale's orientation, you will have to do the following: o Remove all the tick marks. To remove tick marks from a Scale, you must destroy (with XtDestroyChildren) the SeparatorGadget tick marks. The first two children of a Scale are its title and scroll bar, and all additional children are tick marks. o Recreate the tick marks by calling XmScaleSetTicks. scale Specifies the Scale widget ID that is getting the tick marks. big_every Specifies the number of scale values between big ticks. num_medium Specifies the number of medium ticks between big values. num_small Specifies the number of small ticks between medium values. size_big Specifies the size (either width or height) of the big ticks. size_medium Specifies the size (either width or height) of the medium ticks. size_small Specifies the size (either width or height) of the small ticks. For a complete definition of Scale and its associated resources, see XmScale(3). RELATED
XmScale(3). XmScaleSetTicks(library call)