Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wubi installer for windows
Operating Systems Linux Fedora wubi installer for windows Post 302403376 by d4rkm4nx99 on Friday 12th of March 2010 09:01:11 AM
Old 03-12-2010
wubi installer for windows

hello.i need a soft like (wubi support ubuntu) to boot fedora or centos or freebsd.any answer ? Thank You.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Keyboard/Mouse not responding after wubi installation on Vista

Hi Team, I wanted to install Ubunutu on my laptop and it currently has windows vista installed on it. I tried to install Ubunto 9.04 using wubi installer and everything went fine and I selected Ubuntu from dropdown menu after the system restarted. But when the sytem shows the username page to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viveksr
3 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Access wubi files from windows 7

I am unable to boot into my ubuntu installation. I have installed using wubi in windows 7. I just want too access and get some files and then reinstall ubuntu. I know that the files are located in C:/ubuntu/disks/root.disk. I have tried to use explore2fs, but that doesn't seem to work with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Help: Wubi with windows 7

Hi all Since I´m getting more and more into linux I got the idea that I should start dualbooting on the family laptop. First I downloaded wubi to dualboot Ubuntu with Windows 7 home premium on an Acer Aspire laptop. Then I restarted and looked forward for Ubuntu but the screen is almost black.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awe1
2 Replies

4. Debian

Linux Mint Debian 32 bit installation using Windows (using something like wubi or mint4Linux) )

Hello , Im new at Linux and have problem with instalation Other Mint version has an instalation file like mint4linux , Ubuntu has a wubi to install it through Windows Linux Mint Debian 32 bit doesint has such software, I have tried to use it from other iso but its doesint work ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgkkk
0 Replies
whohas(1)																 whohas(1)

NAME
whohas - find packages in various distributions' repositories SYNTAX
whohas [--no-threads] [--shallow] [--strict] [-d Dist1[,Dist2[,Dist3 etc.]]] pkgname DESCRIPTION
whohas is a command line tool to query package lists from the Arch, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, Mandriva, openSUSE, Slackware (and linuxpack- ages.net), Source Mage, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Fink, MacPorts and Cygwin distributions. OPTIONS
--no-threads Don't use multiple threads to query package lists (will be much slower) --shallow Limit to one call per server. Faster, but loses some information, typically package size and release date. --strict List only those packages that have exactly pkgname as their name. -d Dist1[,Dist2[,Dist3 etc.]] Queries only for packages for the listed distributions. Recognised values for Dist1, Dist2, etc. are "archlinux", "cygwin", "debian", "fedora", "fink", "freebsd", "gentoo", "mandriva", "macports", "netbsd", "openbsd", "opensuse", "slackware", "sourcemage", and "ubuntu". pkgname Package name to query for FILES
whohas uses various files in ~/.whohas to cache package lists for some distributions. SEE ALSO
See intro.txt or intro.html notes on using whohas. AUTHORS
whohas is written and maintained by Philipp Wesche <phi1ipp@yahoo.com> This man page was written by Jonathan Wiltshire <debian@jwiltshire.org.uk> for the Debian project and adapted for a new version by Philipp Wesche <phi1ipp@yahoo.com> Jonathan Wiltshire 0.29 whohas(1)