Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send a mail to IDs listed in a text file Post 302403115 by kshji on Thursday 11th of March 2010 12:48:35 PM
Old 03-11-2010
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
sendm()
{
sendto="$1"
/usr/lib/sendmail -t -i <<EOF
Subject: some
To: $sendto

Maildata

EOF
}

##### main #####
cat somefile | while read addr
do
      sendm "$addr"
done

More sendmail examples.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send text file to mail

I have a utility that opens a telnet session and allows me to execute commands through a script. The utility allows me to output to a text file whatever is outputted to screen. This utility runs from a DOS prompt in Windows 95/98, NT or 2000. How can I mail text file this to a certain user. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petrosi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script which can send file to diffrent mail ids.

Hi i am looking for the script which can send file to different mailids, please halp me out. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files listed in a text file - whitespace problem.

Hi, Say I have this text file <copy.out> that contains a list of files/directories to be copied out to a different location. $ more copy.out dir1/file1 dir1/file2 dir1/file3 "dir1/white space" dir1/file4 If I do the following: $copy=`more copy.out` $echo $copy dir1/file1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 60doses
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shellscript to sort duplicate files listed in a text file

I have many pdf's scattered across 4 machines. There is 1 location where I have other Pdf's maintained. But the issues it the 4 machines may have duplicate pdf's among themselves, but I want just 1 copy of each so that they can be transfered to that 1 location. What I have thought is: 1) I have... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaddevil
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

send text mail to windows

Hi I have the following 'atd' batch script to send mail to a windows (outlook) system: .... .... LESSOPEN=\|/usr/bin/lesspipe.sh\ %s; export LESSOPEN G_BROKEN_FILENAMES=1; export G_BROKEN_FILENAMES cd /root/bin || { echo 'Execution directory inaccessible' >&2 exit 1 }... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdminLew
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files listed in text file to new directory

I am trying to write a script that will copy all file listed in a text file (100s of file names) to a new directory Assume script will run with main as current working directory and I know how many files/lines will be in List.txt Im trying to work up a test script using this model Contents of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IAmTheGrass
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep a log file for words listed in separate text file?

Hello, I want to grep a log ("server.log") for words in a separate file ("white-list.txt") and generate a separate log file containing each line that uses a word from the "white-list.txt" file. Putting that in bullet points: Search through "server.log" for lines that contain any word... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files listed in text file

Hi Team, Here's the scenario, I have a text file called "file_list.txt". Its content is as follows. 111.tmp 112.tmp 113.tmp 114.tmp These files will present in "workdir" directory. It has many files. But only the files present in file_list.txt has to be deleted from the workdir... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to delete the junk files from a directory which are not listed in a TEXT file

Hello Everyone, I want to delete the image files from a directory, which are not listed in a TEXT file. The directory contains large number of image files (in millions) required / not required. I want to delete the image files which are "not required". I have generated a Text file having... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Manipulate condition to send mail based on output text in file

Hi All, I have a working script as below. echo "Files loaded with $(cat /var/tmp/script.X1.out)" | mail -s "Files loaded with return code" mailid This script takes the output from script.X1.out file and appends the text "Files loaded with return code" and sends the email. Now what I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
5 Replies
CLAWS-MAIL-EXTRA-PLUGINS(1)				      General Commands Manual				       CLAWS-MAIL-EXTRA-PLUGINS(1)

NAME
claws-mail-extra-plugins -- Claws Mail extra plugins meta package. DESCRIPTION
claws-mail-extra-plugins is a meta package for installing all extra plugins for the Claws Mail mailer. See below for the corresponding manpages of each installed plugin. SEE ALSO
claws-mail-acpi-notifier (1), claws-mail-attach-remover (1), claws-mail-cache-saver (1), claws-mail-etpan-privacy (1), claws-mail-feeds- reader (1), claws-mail-fetchinfo-plugin (1), claws-mail-html2-viewer (1), claws-mail-maildir-plugin (1), claws-mail-mailmbox-plugin (1), claws-mail-multi-notifier (1), claws-mail-newmail-plugin (1), claws-mail-perl-filter (1), claws-mail-smime-plugin (1), claws-mail-vcalen- dar-plugin (1), claws-mail-synce-plugin (1), claws-mail-attach-warner (1), claws-mail (1). http://www.claws-mail.org/plugins.php (link to URL http://www.claws-mail.org/plugins.php) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ricardo Mones mones@debian.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CLAWS-MAIL-EXTRA-PLUGINS(1)