Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris VI Editor issue "E558: Terminal entry not found in terminfo" Post 302403104 by jlliagre on Thursday 11th of March 2010 11:55:23 AM
Old 03-11-2010
Incredible, the text you pasted from somewhere doesn't help and is a different issue anyway. The OP is using vt100 as TERM, not terminator.
vt100 is a very common/basic termcap/terminfo entry while terminator is definitely not.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

what difference between "terminal" and "console"

1 . Thank you for reading the post first. 2 . what difference between "terminal" and "console" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell"

Hi I have installed solaris 10 on an intel machine. Logged in as root. In CDE, i open terminal session, type login alex (normal user account) and password and i get this message No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell" :confused: What i want is: open various... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

""Help Me!""Beginner awk learning issue

Hi All, I have just now started learning awk from the source - Awk - A Tutorial and Introduction - by Bruce Barnett and the bad part is that I am stuck on the very first example for running the awk script. The script is as - #!/bin/sh # Linux users have to change $8 to $9 awk ' BEGIN ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
6 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

"Locate" Shows Files but Not "LS" in Terminal

OS-X 10.8.4 Using locate I get these results: 10:~ mize$ locate /Users/mize/*.sh /Users/mize/Zend/workspaces/DefaultWorkspace/SLM/vendor/ZF2/bin/check-cs.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload_to_server.sh /Users/mize/copy_form_functions_php_to_jpl.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Mize
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
TPUT(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TPUT(1)

NAME
tput, clear -- terminal capability interface SYNOPSIS
tput [-T term] attribute [attribute-args] ... DESCRIPTION
tput makes terminal-dependent information available to users or shell applications. The options are as follows: -T The terminal name as specified in the terminfo(5) database, for example, ``vt100'' or ``xterm''. If not specified, tput retrieves the ``TERM'' variable from the environment. tput outputs a string if the attribute is of type string; a number if it is of type integer. Otherwise, tput exits 0 if the terminal has the capability and 1 if it does not, without further action. If the attribute is of type string, and takes arguments (e.g. cursor movement, the terminfo ``cup'' sequence) the arguments are taken from the command line immediately following the attribute. The following special attributes are available: clear Clear the screen (the terminfo(5) ``cl'' sequence). init Initialize the terminal (the terminfo(5) ``is2'' sequence). longname Print the descriptive name of the user's terminal type. reset Reset the terminal (the terminfo(5) ``rs1, rs2, rs3'' and ``rf'' sequence). EXIT STATUS
The exit status of tput is based on the last attribute specified. If the attribute is of type string or of type integer, tput exits 0 if the attribute is defined for this terminal type and 1 if it is not. If the attribute is of type boolean, tput exits 0 if the terminal has this attribute, and 1 if it does not. tput exits 2 if any error occurred. EXAMPLES
tput cl cm 5 10 clear the screen and goto line 5 column 10 tput cm 6 11 DC 6 goto line 6 column 11 and delete 6 characters SEE ALSO
termcap(3), termcap(5) HISTORY
The tput command appears in 4.4BSD. BUGS
tput can't really distinguish between different types of attributes. Not all terminfo entries contain the reset sequence, so using the init sequence may be more useful. BSD
September 29, 2009 BSD