Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send a mail to IDs listed in a text file Post 302402986 by clx on Thursday 11th of March 2010 04:23:08 AM
Old 03-11-2010
from the format i was trying to ask that you file contains the IDs like,

Code:
abc.123@domain.com,abc.123@domain.com,abc.123@domain.com

or

abc.123@domain.com
abc.123@domain.com
abc.123@domain.com

or 

abc.123@domain.com|abc.123@domain.com|abc.123@domain.com

or even simply,

abc.123@domain.com abc.123@domain.com abc.123@domain.com

try respectively,
Code:

echo 'this is content' | mailx -s 'subject' $(cat file | tr ',' ' ')
or
echo 'this is content' | mailx -s 'subject' $(cat file | tr '\n' ' ')
or
echo 'this is content' | mailx -s 'subject' $(cat file | tr '|' ' ')
or
echo 'this is content' | mailx -s 'subject' $(cat file)

Last edited by clx; 03-11-2010 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: added solution

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send text file to mail

I have a utility that opens a telnet session and allows me to execute commands through a script. The utility allows me to output to a text file whatever is outputted to screen. This utility runs from a DOS prompt in Windows 95/98, NT or 2000. How can I mail text file this to a certain user. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petrosi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script which can send file to diffrent mail ids.

Hi i am looking for the script which can send file to different mailids, please halp me out. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files listed in a text file - whitespace problem.

Hi, Say I have this text file <copy.out> that contains a list of files/directories to be copied out to a different location. $ more copy.out dir1/file1 dir1/file2 dir1/file3 "dir1/white space" dir1/file4 If I do the following: $copy=`more copy.out` $echo $copy dir1/file1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 60doses
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shellscript to sort duplicate files listed in a text file

I have many pdf's scattered across 4 machines. There is 1 location where I have other Pdf's maintained. But the issues it the 4 machines may have duplicate pdf's among themselves, but I want just 1 copy of each so that they can be transfered to that 1 location. What I have thought is: 1) I have... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaddevil
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

send text mail to windows

Hi I have the following 'atd' batch script to send mail to a windows (outlook) system: .... .... LESSOPEN=\|/usr/bin/lesspipe.sh\ %s; export LESSOPEN G_BROKEN_FILENAMES=1; export G_BROKEN_FILENAMES cd /root/bin || { echo 'Execution directory inaccessible' >&2 exit 1 }... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdminLew
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files listed in text file to new directory

I am trying to write a script that will copy all file listed in a text file (100s of file names) to a new directory Assume script will run with main as current working directory and I know how many files/lines will be in List.txt Im trying to work up a test script using this model Contents of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IAmTheGrass
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep a log file for words listed in separate text file?

Hello, I want to grep a log ("server.log") for words in a separate file ("white-list.txt") and generate a separate log file containing each line that uses a word from the "white-list.txt" file. Putting that in bullet points: Search through "server.log" for lines that contain any word... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files listed in text file

Hi Team, Here's the scenario, I have a text file called "file_list.txt". Its content is as follows. 111.tmp 112.tmp 113.tmp 114.tmp These files will present in "workdir" directory. It has many files. But only the files present in file_list.txt has to be deleted from the workdir... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to delete the junk files from a directory which are not listed in a TEXT file

Hello Everyone, I want to delete the image files from a directory, which are not listed in a TEXT file. The directory contains large number of image files (in millions) required / not required. I want to delete the image files which are "not required". I have generated a Text file having... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Manipulate condition to send mail based on output text in file

Hi All, I have a working script as below. echo "Files loaded with $(cat /var/tmp/script.X1.out)" | mail -s "Files loaded with return code" mailid This script takes the output from script.X1.out file and appends the text "Files loaded with return code" and sends the email. Now what I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
5 Replies
Net::Whois::Parser(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::Whois::Parser(3pm)

NAME
Net::Whois::Parser - module for parsing whois information SYNOPSIS
use Net::Whois::Parser; my $info = parse_whois( domain => $domain ); my $info = parse_whois( raw => $whois_raw_text, domain => $domain ); my $info = parse_whois( raw => $whois_raw_text, server => $whois_server ); $info = { nameservers => [ { domain => 'ns.example.com', ip => '123.123.123.123' }, { domain => 'ns.example.com' }, ], emails => [ 'admin@example.com' ], domain => 'example.com', somefield1 => 'value', somefield2 => [ 'value', 'value2' ], ... }; # Your own parsers sub my_parser { my ( $text ) = @_; return { nameservers => [ { domain => 'ns.example.com', ip => '123.123.123.123' }, { domain => 'ns.example.com' }, ], emails => [ 'admin@example.com' ], somefield => 'value', somefield2 => [ 'value', 'value2' ], }; } $Net::Whois::Parser::PARSERS{'whois.example.com'} = &my_parser; $Net::Whois::Parser::PARSERS{'DEFAULT'} = &my_default_parser; # If you want to get all values of fields from all whois answers $Net::Whois::Parser::GET_ALL_VALUES = 1; # example # Net::Whois::Raw returns 2 answers $raw = [ { text => 'key: value1' }, { text => 'key: value2'}]; $data = parse_whois(raw => $raw); # If flag is off parser returns # { key => 'value2' }; # If flag is on parser returns # { key => [ 'value1', 'value2' ] }; # If you want to convert some field name to another: $Net::Whois::Parser::FIELD_NAME_CONV{'Domain name'} = 'domain'; # If you want to format some fields. # I think it is very useful for dates. $Net::Whois::Parser::HOOKS{'expiration_date'} = [ &format_date ]; DESCRIPTION
Net::Whois::Parser module provides Whois data parsing. You can add your own parsers for any whois server. FUNCTIONS
parse_whois(%args) Returns hash of whois data. Arguments: 'domain' - domain 'raw' - raw whois text 'server' - whois server 'which_whois' - option for Net::Whois::Raw::whois. Default value is QRY_ALL CHANGES
See file "Changes" in the distribution AUTHOR
Ivan Sokolov, "<ivsokolov@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009 Ivan Sokolov This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-20 Net::Whois::Parser(3pm)