Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merge lines from one file if pattern matches Post 302402858 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 09:25:40 PM
Old 03-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tukuyomi
I only have a start, with awk, hoping it will point you to a good direction:
Code:
awk -F\, 'NR==FNR{a[$1FS$2FS$3FS$4FS$5]=a[$1FS$2FS$3FS$4FS$5]":"$6;next}END{for (i in a) print i, a[i]}' data

No space.
Code:
awk -F \, '{a[$1FS$2FS$3FS$4FS$5]=a[$1FS$2FS$3FS$4FS$5]":"$NF } END {for (i in a) print i""a[i]}' data

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to select lines in unix matches a pattern at a particular position

I have huge file. I want to copy the lines which have first character as 2 or 7, and also which has fist two characters as 90. I need only these records from file. How I can acheive this. Can somebody help me..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs_banda
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying lines of a file where the second field matches a pattern

Howdy. I know this is most likely possible using sed or awk or grep, most likely a combination of them together, but how would one go about running a grep like command on a file where you only try to match your pattern to the second field in a line, space delimited? Example: You are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezoX
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines in text file based on pattern

Hello, I have searched forum trying to find a solution to my problem, but could not find anything or I did not understand the examples.... I should say, I am very inexperienced with text processing. I have a text file with approx 60k lines in it. I need to merge lines based on the number... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bertik
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge same pattern lines together

Hi people... I normally find with out any problem the solutions I need just by searching. But for this I'm not having any joy or jsut failing to adapt what I'ev found to work. I have applciation report that doesn't allow for manipulation at creation so I want to do some post modifcation... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines if pattern matches in ksh

I have a file like this. Pls help me to solve this . (I should look for only Message : 111 and need to print the start time to end time Need to ignore other type of messages. Ex: if first message is 111 and second message is 000 or anything else then ignore the 2nd one and print start time of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnjx
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK to remove lines that matches a specific pattern

Hi, I have requirement that I need to split my input file into two files based on a search pattern "abc" For eg. my input file has below content abc defgh zyx I need file 1 with abc and file2 with defgh zyx I can use grep command to acheive this. But with grep I need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbhuvana20
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to delete lines from a txt file if pattern matches

File 6 dbnawldb010-b office Memphis_Corp_SQL_Diff Memphis-Corp-SQL-Inc-Application-Backup 03/09/11 03:24:04 42 luigi-b IPNRemitDB Memphis_Corp_SQL_Diff Memphis-Corp-SQL-Inc-Application-Backup 03/10/11 00:41:36 6 ebs-sqldev1-b IPNTracking Memphis_Corp_SQL_Diff... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajiwww
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

merge lines within a file that start with a similar pattern

Hello! i have a text file.. which contains the data as follows i want to merge the declarations lines pertaining to one datatype in to a single line as follows i've searched the forum for help.. but couldn't find much help.. how can i do this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a_ba
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to merge lines based on pattern

Hi, I have a requirement to merge multiple lines based on search pattern. The search criteria is : it will search for CONSTRAINT and when it found CONSTRAINT, it will merge all lines to 1 line till it founds blank line. For Example: CREATE TABLE "AMS_DISTRIBUTOR_XREF" ( "SOURCE"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

find pattern matches in consecutive lines in certain fields-awk

I have a text file with many thousands of lines, a small sample of which looks like this: InputFile:PS002,003 D -1 5 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 6 6 -1 -1 -1 -1 0 509 0 PS002,003 PSQ 0 1 7 18 1 0 -1 1 1 3 -1 -1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)