Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED/AWK file read & manipulation Post 302402844 by alister on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 07:48:14 PM
Old 03-10-2010
Hi, sal_tx:
Code:
sed '/SERVER/{n;/^DIGIT=0/s/0/1/;}' file

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file name Manipulation using sed

Hi, I have a file name, for which I want to strip out the first bit and leave the rest... So I want to take the file name .lockfile-filename.10001 ,strip it and have only filename.10001 ... Thanking you all inadvance, Zak (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & awk--get section of file based 2 params

I need to get a section of a file based on 2 params. I want the part of the file between param 1 & 2. I have tried a bunch of ways and just can't seem to get it right. Can someone please help me out.....its much appreciated. Here is what I have found that looks like what I want....but doesn't... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy Cook
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem to add the string(without sed & awk) into the middle of file

Hi, I have tried many times to add the string into the first line of the file or the middle of the file but could not find the solution. I first tried by $echo "paki" >> file This code only append paki string at the end of file "file" but how can i add this "paki" into the first line or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali hussain
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file content with awk and sed

Hello , I have huge file with below content. I need to read the numeric values with in the paranthesis after = sign. Please help me with awk and sed script for it. 11.10.2009 04:02:47 Customer login not found: identifier=(0748502889) prefix=(TEL) serviceCode=(). 11.10.2009 04:03:12... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmv
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File manipulation with AWK and SED

Hello How do i check that correct input files are used while using AWk and SED for file manipulation? e.g awk '/bin/ {print $0 }' shell.txt sed 's/hp/samsung/' printers.txt how do i ensure that the correct input files I am working with are used? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Line & File Manipulation - add spaces between characters

Is there an awk, sed, vi or any line command that adds Field Separators (default spaces) to each line in a file? $cat RegionalData 12FC2525MZLP8266900216 12FC2525MZLP8266900216 12FC2525NBLP8276900216 12FC2525NBLP8276900216 Desired results: 1 2 F C 2525 MZ LP 826 690 02 16 1 2 F C... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MS75001
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

'Couldn't read file' error in bash script with expect, sed and awk!

Ok, so I have a bash script with an embedded expect statement. Inside of the expect statement, i'm trying to pull all of the non-comment lines from the /etc/oratab file one at a time. Here's my command: cat /etc/oratab |sed /^s*#/d\ | awk 'NR==1'|awk -F: '{print \"$1\"}'|. oraenv Now,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexdglover
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to sort a file using awk & sed to get required output

Hi All, Need Suggestion, Want to sort a file using awk & sed to get required, output as below, such that each LUN shows correct WWPN and FA port Numbers correctly: Required output: 01FB 10000000c97843a2 8C 0 01FB 10000000c96fb279 9C 0 22AF 10000000c97843a2 8C 0 22AF 10000000c975adbd ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing FQDN by hostnames in a CSV file with sed & awk

Hello, Beginning with shell scipting, I'm trying to find in a csv file, the lines where the field related to hostname is displayed as an FQDN intead the hostname. (some lines are correct) and the to correct that inside the file: Novell,11.0,UNIX Server,bscpsiws02,TxffnX1tX1HiDoyBerrzWA==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wonto
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text manipulation with sed/awk in a bash script

Guys, I have a variable in a script that I want to transform to into something else Im hoping you guys can help. It doesn't have to use sed/awk but I figured these would be the simplest. DATE=20160120 I'd like to transform $DATE into "01-20-16" and move it into a new variable called... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dendenyc
8 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)