Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Virtual Server Question
Operating Systems AIX AIX Virtual Server Question Post 302402796 by lo-lp-kl on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 04:52:57 PM
Old 03-10-2010
AIX Virtual Server Question

Hello raemccarthy

You can do the same procedure with dvd disc and you save time. I do this once and work fine.

If you want the procedure I give it to you. Just I dont know if we can put the email or something. I only have to translate because its in spanish.

Let me know if this helps.

I forgot the fast path is smitty mkdvd

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX p5 virtual processors setting

Have a p570 LPAR capped/smt set to 4 physical processors. And currently have virtual processors set to 6 which gives 12 logical processors at AIX. This is for an Oracle9i database server running 4 instances. What should virtual processors be set to? at least initially? And how to determine when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guttew
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virtual Server Which One?

Hi, Imagine I'm using SSH or TELNET to connect to one of my clustered database servers. I log in using a virtual server name not knowing which one of my two database servers i will connect to. Now the question: If all I have is the virtual server name e.g. SSH DavoH@gb1234QVD011Px7 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DavoH
1 Replies

3. AIX

how to find virtual ip in aix.

hi, can some body in helping me in finding the virtual ip of the aix machine using ifconfig. I tried ifconfig -a but there could be any interface name so finding that out would be difficult. So colud anyone suggest me some option. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasi_in
2 Replies

4. AIX

Transferring files from one AIX server to another AIX server in binary mode

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX. We have 2 AIX5.3 servers in our environment, I need to transfer some files in Binary mode from one server to another and some files in ASCII mode from one server to another server. Could you please help me as to how I need to do that? Thanks, Rakesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshc.apps
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX running as a virtual client ?

Me and a co-worker were wondering if by any chances there are any Virtual AIX available to run on either Windows or (preferably) a Linux flavor. That would help us a lot for practicing AIX admin work since we are not allowed to do it on the client server (we are just operators but aspiring to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

6. AIX

Virtual interface on AIX

Hi, I am totally new to AIX. I would like to know how to create virtual interface on AIX machine. Thanks, Pooja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooja84k
4 Replies

7. AIX

Virtual I/O server Problem (before Installing AIX 7.1)

Hello people, I'm facing some problems Installing AIX in my Power server 720 Well, to tell the truth my problem is in Virtual I/O (IVM) installation. OBSERVE THAT I DON'T HAVE A HMC! By the way: I have the latest server Firmware! I've done all the process in ASMI, then inserted and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xscaio
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

CPU high - apache real server OK, virtual server not

Got two RHEL servers - one real and one virtual/cloud. Both run apache web server. When traffic is applied, CPU seems to go quite high on virtual one (20%) but real is not really affected. Worry is that a further increase in traffic will see a problem. Experience of RHEL is limited. Whats... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

9. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies
ftpservers(4)                                                      File Formats                                                      ftpservers(4)

NAME
ftpservers - FTP Server virtual hosting configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers DESCRIPTION
The ftpservers file is used to configure complete virtual hosting. In contrast to limited virtual hosting, complete virtual hosting allows separate configuration files to be specified for each virtual host. The set of configuration files for each virtual host are placed in their own directory. The ftpservers file associates the address of each virtual host with the directory its configuration files are stored in. The virtual host configuration files must be named: ftpaccess Virtual host's access file ftpusers Restricts the accounts that can use the virtual host ftpgroups Virtual hosts enhanced group access file ftphosts Allow or deny usernames access to the virtual host ftpconversions Customize conversions available from the virtual host You do not need to put every file in each virtual host directory. If you want a virtual host to use the master copy of a file, then do not include it in the virtual host directory. If the file is not included, the master copy from the /etc/ftpd directory will be used. The file names must match exactly. If you misspell any of them or name them differently, the server will not find them, and the server will use the master copy instead. The ftpaddhost utility is an administrative tool to configure virtual hosts. See ftpaddhost(1M). File Format There are two fields to each entry in the ftpservers file: address directory-containing-configuration-files For example: 10.196.145.10 /etc/ftpd/virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.10 10.196.145.200 /etc/ftpd//virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.200 some.domain INTERNAL When an FTP client connects to the FTP Server, in.ftpd(1M) tries to match the IP address to which the FTP client connected with one found in the ftpservers file. The address can be an IPv4 or IPv6 address, or a hostname. If a match is found, The FTP server uses any configuration files found in the associated directory. If a match is not found, or an invalid directory path is encountered, the default paths to the configuration files are used. The use of INTERNAL in the example above fails the check for a specific directory, and the master configuration files will be used. Either the actual IP address or a specific hostname can be used to specify the virtual host. It is better to specify the actual IP of the virtual host, as it reduces the need for a domain lookup and eliminates DNS security related naming issues, for example: 10.196.145.20 /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ ftp.some.domain /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ Lines that begin with a # sign are treated as comment lines and are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpconversions(4), ftpgroups(4), ftphosts(4), ftpusers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpservers(4)