Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Custom libraries possible on AIX 4.2 ? Post 302402684 by funksen on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 10:38:12 AM
Old 03-10-2010
the mistake in your script:

Code:
ZZ=testz "aa" "bb"

should be

Code:
ZZ='testz "aa" "bb"'

otherwise you set ZZ to "test" and run an executable aa with option bb

or you want to set the variable ZZ to the output of testz "aa" "bb", then you need the following syntax:

Code:
ZZ=$(testz "aa" "bb")

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

shared libraries

I am compiling code which produces .a and .la libraries. How can I produce .so libraries? I know that gcc -shared does but how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thalex
2 Replies

2. Programming

C Libraries??

I can not locate package sys/mkdev.h on HP-UX or Linux. Is it a special package or something? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
9 Replies

3. IP Networking

Libraries

How is Libnet and libpcap are useful in sending a packet through DLL layer and sniff network layer? and how sinffers are used to track ip adresses provided Mac adresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netsavy
1 Replies

4. AIX

memory problem in AIX shared libraries

Hi All, I'm facing the following issue with my shared libraries in AIX. memory related calls such as memset, memcpy, malloc etc are failing miserably. there is something wrong with stack/memory which i can't guess. i've used the following flags to build my libraray: ld -G... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav05252
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libraries

I am slowly ploughing my way through the list of links to on-line tutorials you provided to newbies. I for one am grateful for such a comprehensive list, so first of all thank you for that. What i cannot seem to find, is information on C++ libraries: The two links on libraries in your list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pil888
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use two different libraries?

Hello, I need to use two different libraries like /usr/local/bin/expect and /usr/bin/ksh at the same script. Is it possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
4 Replies

7. AIX

AIX custom package install query

I have created a .bff package for an app to tbe installed on AIX servers across regions. I am pretty new to the AIX mode of packaging using mkinstallp but I have been able to get the same done. I installed the same on the server in which i created the package and the application was deployed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
9 Replies

8. Programming

I want to know some c libraries

I'm a rookie to C and i'm looking for some libraries to learn,something likes the C++ STL or Boost ,does any1 can tell me some of them?Thanks a lot:) Eric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
3 Replies

9. AIX

Problem with AIX: shared libraries aren't loaded

Hello guys, I have a trouble when running an application in AIX, I've compiled and the LIBRARY_PATH seems ok, but I get the following message: rtld: 0712-001 Symbol __pthread was referenced from module main_app(), but a runtime definition of the symbol was not found ldd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
4 Replies

10. AIX

Custom AIX Prompt

In my .profile, my prompt is set like this: set -o vi PS1=`logname`@`hostname -s`:'$PWD>' Is there a way to show what the history number would be of the command I'm typing in the prompt? For example, I frequently run commands then run 'history' to pull up the history number of a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptrotter
2 Replies
PERLCC(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						 PERLCC(1)

NAME
perlcc - generate executables from Perl programs SYNOPSIS
$ perlcc hello # Compiles into executable 'a.out' $ perlcc -o hello hello.pl # Compiles into executable 'hello' $ perlcc -O file # Compiles using the optimised C backend $ perlcc -B file # Compiles using the bytecode backend $ perlcc -c file # Creates a C file, 'file.c' $ perlcc -S -o hello file # Creates a C file, 'file.c', # then compiles it to executable 'hello' $ perlcc -c out.c file # Creates a C file, 'out.c' from 'file' $ perlcc -e 'print q//' # Compiles a one-liner into 'a.out' $ perlcc -c -e 'print q//' # Creates a C file 'a.out.c' $ perlcc -I /foo hello # extra headers (notice the space after -I) $ perlcc -L /foo hello # extra libraries (notice the space after -L) $ perlcc -r hello # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out', runs 'a.out'. $ perlcc -r hello a b c # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out', runs 'a.out'. # with arguments 'a b c' $ perlcc hello -log c # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out' logs compile # log into 'c'. DESCRIPTION
perlcc creates standalone executables from Perl programs, using the code generators provided by the B module. At present, you may either create executable Perl bytecode, using the "-B" option, or generate and compile C files using the standard and 'optimised' C backends. The code generated in this way is not guaranteed to work. The whole codegen suite ("perlcc" included) should be considered very experimen- tal. Use for production purposes is strongly discouraged. OPTIONS
-Llibrary directories Adds the given directories to the library search path when C code is passed to your C compiler. -Iinclude directories Adds the given directories to the include file search path when C code is passed to your C compiler; when using the Perl bytecode option, adds the given directories to Perl's include path. -o output file name Specifies the file name for the final compiled executable. -c C file name Create C code only; do not compile to a standalone binary. -e perl code Compile a one-liner, much the same as "perl -e '...'" -S Do not delete generated C code after compilation. -B Use the Perl bytecode code generator. -O Use the 'optimised' C code generator. This is more experimental than everything else put together, and the code created is not guaran- teed to compile in finite time and memory, or indeed, at all. -v Increase verbosity of output; can be repeated for more verbose output. -r Run the resulting compiled script after compiling it. -log Log the output of compiling to a file rather than to stdout. perl v5.8.9 2009-04-13 PERLCC(1)