Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert timezone
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert timezone Post 302402678 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 10:18:11 AM
Old 03-10-2010
Is this date string in a log file or suchlike? If so can you provide an example?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timezone

Hello again, under hp-ux i have a file /etc/TIMEZONE. here is definied which timezone i am. i dont know who reads this file to set after reading the timezone under /usr/lib/tztab. my 2 questions, who reads the file /etc/TIMEZONE ( which service ) and do i need in the first line to set my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timezone

Hi, I got an question about changing timezone thrue command line on a SunOS Release 4.1.2 without restarting the computer. Now it's set on WET and I want to set the timezone to CET (GMT +1) Plz somebody help me. Regards Novisern:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Novisern
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

timezone

Hi, i am searching to change the timezone on a HP-UX11 system. Since last weekend the summertime started i am not able to change the time to the new time, every day the time changes back to wintertime. I think the problem is that the server is on the wrong timezone. Can someone help me please?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eddyvdv
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timezone

HI ; I got Solaris8 installed oon Sunfire V440 .I have TZ=GMT in /etc/TIMEZONE , but when i log in as root i see the date in GMT+1. So i have every time to "set TZ=GMT ; export $TZ" . How can i set the TZ=GMT at the startup defenitely. Thanks :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: oss
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Crontab and timezone

I am running SunOS 5.6. If I login with a ksh shell and type 'date'. I get the correct date and time related to the TZ, that is, >Tuesday July 27 09:50:25 NZST 2004 However, if I run under crontab, I get this. >Mon Jul 26 20:49:00 ESTEDT 2004 My question is; Does anyone know how to fix this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbeard
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with timezone conversion

Hi, Date_ConvTZ of module Date:Manip, converts time zone to specified server but without day time savings... $mod = Date_ConvTZ($date,"$thisTZ","$serverTZ"); US and UK timezone difference is 5 hrs, but above function will return difference of 4 hrs. Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert timezone into human output

Hi I have a command which returns a timezone, Ej: root@bsades2: /usr/local/bin # lsuser -a time_last_login israel israel time_last_login=1279032223 Question: I want to parse this timezone '1279032223' into a 'martes, 13 de julio de 2010 16:43:43' from the ksh shell. Is itt possible? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

changing timezone

Hi, I would like to change time zone Linux from IST to US/Canada but not getting the option , I have run the command setup -> timezone configuration but not getting the option of us/canada or pacific us/canada. Please suggest. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

9. Solaris

timezone issue

Hi, On my server timezone is IST, so I have configured the sudo for user to change the date, but when he is changing the date time zone is also getting changed from ist to gmt. using solaris 10. I have checked in /etc/TIMEZONE file in that it is showing TZ=Asia/Calcutta, wheather any other file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

10. Solaris

TIMEZONE problem..

hii there... can you guys help me with TIMEZONE setting on my solaris box i tried to edit cat /etc/TIMEZONE..but i think it will work after rebooting, but something i did which took me to GMT my problem is i have this issue on a server, and i have to fix this without rebooting. thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 6pound
1 Replies
BATTERY-STATS(5)						File Formats Manual						  BATTERY-STATS(5)

NAME
battery-stats - collected battery statistics DESCRIPTION
The battery-stats contains statistics about battery charge over time, as collected by the battery-stats-collector (8) daemon. FORMAT
Each line in the file represents one sample and is of the form: <seconds> <charge%> <powermode> <UTC-date> <UTC-time> separated by spaces and terminated by a newline. Where: seconds is the number of seconds since 1st Jan 1970 00:00:00 UTC charge% is the battery charge a number between 0 and 100 powermode indicates the power mode: 0 A/C off 1 On battery 2 On backup power UTC-date a human-readable date in the format YYYY/MM/DD. Note that this is in UTC, not the local or system timezone. UTC-time a human-readable time in the format HH:MM:SS (using a 24-hour clock). Note that this is in UTC, not the local or system timezone. minutes-left is the BIOS estimate of how many minutes of running time the battery would provide. This may be unreliable, depending on the BIOS through which it was collected. EXAMPLE
A battery under charge might result in the following samples: 1032651245 27 1 2002/09/21 23:34:05 94 1032651275 28 1 2002/09/21 23:34:35 97 1032651305 29 1 2002/09/21 23:35:05 100 1032651335 30 1 2002/09/21 23:35:35 103 1032651365 30 1 2002/09/21 23:36:05 106 FILES
The default set-up is to save battery statistics in /var/log and rotate the logs weekly, which results in this set of files: /var/log/battery-stats - current (most recent) statistics /var/log/battery-stats.[0-9]+ - less recent statistics /var/log/battery-stats.[0-9]+.gz - ancient statistics SEE ALSO
battery-graph(1), battery-stats-collector(8). AUTHOR
Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.com> September 23, 2002 BATTERY-STATS(5)