Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Aqemu without USB support
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Aqemu without USB support Post 302402600 by joerg on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 07:03:19 AM
Old 03-10-2010
Aqemu without USB support

Hi,
I have the problem that aqemu ist not able to get my USB ports.
I get the message box:

Could Not Get USB Information From System!
USB Support is Disabled.
Add Support proc FS TO YOUR Kerne
l

Of cause I add the proc FS to my system. Smilie

Code:
uname -a
Linux linux-158a 2.6.31.12-0.1-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT 2010-01-27 08:20:11 +0100 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Code:
AQEMU Debug [0] >>>
Sender: int main( int argc, char *argv[] )

AQEMU Error [1] >>>
Sender: bool Ports_Tab_Widget::Get_All_Host_USB( QList<VM_USB> &usb_list )
Message: File /proc/bus/usb/devices no exists! USB information not found!

>>> This is the problem but I am not able to find a solution for this. I thought that this is the path to the usb devices only in old distributions.

Any hint?
Thanks
Joerg

Last edited by pludi; 03-10-2010 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: code tags, please..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB pen drive support

Hello, I need information or tooling for using my USB pen drive (DANE-ELEC) in a unix environment. Until now I only get the "format window" in the unix machine but after giving OK for running the format, it never stops and I have to stop it manually. Seems that what I need is format my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Argento73
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB support in what ver. HP-UX

Can someone clue me in as to what version of HP-UX did USB support start? Specifically mass storage support. We have serveral HP Visualize systems and would like to connect up an external USB drive to do backups. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: emcatc
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does HPUX 10.2 or 11.i support any USB flash drive?

Where can I get a driver that support usb flash drives for my unix machines. I need a solution to transfer data easily for techs. I am running C3750 and c8000 HP equipment. Or is there a way to mount them and use them without adding drivers? thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkend12
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Does Solaris Volume Manager support USB flash drives?

I would like to mirror or stripe across multiple USB flash drives on a Sun Blade 100 workstation running Solaris 10. Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoda9999
6 Replies

5. Hardware

Upgrade Sun Fire v65x to support USB External HD?

Hi, Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade a Sun Fire v65x to support USB external hard drive(s)? My take on this is the USB ports were designed to support keyboard and mouse funtionality. BIOS Version/Date is: Intel Corporation SWV25.86B.1191.P08.0310291543, 10/29/2003. Does anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattdon
3 Replies
usbmodules(8)							Linux USB Utilities						     usbmodules(8)

NAME
usbmodules - List kernel driver modules available for a plugged in USB device SYNOPSIS
usbmodules [--device /proc/bus/bus/NNN/NNN] [--check modulename] [--help] [--mapfile pathname] [--version pathname] DESCRIPTION
usbmodules lists driver modules that may be able to manage interfaces on currently plugged in USB devices. usbmodules may be used by /sbin/hotplug or one of its agents (normally /etc/hotplug/usb.agent) when USB devices are "hot plugged" into the system. This can be done by the following Bourne shell syntax: for module in $(usbmodules --device $DEVICE) ; do modprobe -s -k "$module" done The DEVICE environment variable is passed from the kernel to /sbin/hotplug during USB hotplugging if the kernel was configured using usbde- vfs. usbmodules currently requires usbdevfs to operate. When a USB device is removed from the system, the Linux kernel will decrement a usage count on USB driver module. If this count drops to zero (i.e., there are no clients for the USB device driver), then the modprobe -r process that is normally configured to run from cron every few minutes will eventually remove the unneeded module. OPTIONS
--check modulename Instead of listing the relevant modules, just exit with code 0 (success) if the given module's exported USB ID patterns matches. Otherwise, return failure. usbmodules emits no output either way. --device /proc/bus/usb/MMM/NNN Selects which device usbmodules will examine. The argument is currently mandatory. --help, -h Print a help message --mapfile /etc/hotplug/usb.handmap Use the specified file instead of the /lib/modules/.../modules.usbmap file corresponding to the running kernel. --version Identifies the version of usbutils this tool was built with. FILES
/lib/modules/<kernel-version>/modules.usbmap This file is automatically generated by depmod, versions 2.4.2 and later, and is used by usbmodules to determine which modules cor- respond to which USB ID's. /proc/bus/usb An optional interface to USB devices provided by Linux kernels with versions of the 2.4 USB support. Contains per-bus subdirectories with per-device files (offering a usermode driver API as well as access to device and configuration descriptors), a devices file containing a list of all USB devices, and a drivers file listing USB device drivers known to the USB subsystem. SEE ALSO
lsusb(8), http://linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net AUTHOR
usbmodules was written by Adam J. Richter <adam@yggdrasil.com>, and is based partly on lsusb, which was written by Thomas Sailer <sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch>. COPYRIGHT
usbmodules is copyright 2000, Yggdrasil Computing, Incorporated, and copyright 1999, Thomas Sailer. usbmodules may may be copied under the terms and conditions of version 2 of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation (Cambrige, Massachusetts, United States of America). usbutils-0.8 12 June 2001 usbmodules(8)