Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install fixes on AIX 5.3
Operating Systems AIX Install fixes on AIX 5.3 Post 302402509 by sewiefr on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 04:17:17 AM
Old 03-10-2010
Try first:
"instfix -i | grep ML"

More detailed:
instfix -i -k "5300-10_AIX_ML"

Then: instfix -ciqk "Your_maintenance_level" | grep ":-:"
to find out which filesets still to install for a specific ML

In this case: > instfix -ciqk "5300-03_AIX_ML" | grep ":-:"
Probably you will to find these base level filesets on CD/DVD

After you install them, you might have to install the updates for these filesets for ML10

Which are missing?
I might give a hint which filesets you still need

Greetinz from Holland, Frank

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can I Install AIX 4.3.3 on a PC?

Would it be possible to install AIX ver 4.3.3 on a Pc so I can Practice commands and become familiar with the system? Is there anything special that i would have to do? Thanks Frank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wumagic
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to install depots in AIX 5.3

Hi, I want to install gcc-4.2.3-hppa-11.11.depot in AIX 5.3... In HP-UX we have a command swinstall to via UI we can install depots... so is there any command to install depots in AIX? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
3 Replies

3. AIX

MYSQL Install on AIX

Hello All: I've been asked to install mysql on AIX box and I have very little experience in UNIX. Does anybody have any step by step directions on installing MYSQL? Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmnv
1 Replies

4. AIX

Fixes for AIX 4.2.1

Hello, I have an old RS/6000 7013-J50 system around here with AIX 4.2 ML 4.2.1.0. I found that latest level is 4.2.1.12 or something like that. As this AIX version is very old and out of support I would like to know if anyone has the latest update CD for it and willing to provide to me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalpazan
2 Replies

5. AIX

Aix download and Install

I am new to Aix and would like to learn . Is there is some free download for this os available to be installed on a home desktop pc with 4 gb ram and 2.7 ibm single proc computer . can some one help me with the download link and installation instructions. Thank you in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bally90
3 Replies

6. AIX

Install bash on AIX

Hi, Im trying to install bash on AIX, I have rpm installed but get: rpm --install bash-3.0-19.3.ppc.rpm error: failed dependencies: libc.so.6 is needed by bash-3.0-19.3 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by bash-3.0-19.3 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
0 Replies

7. AIX

How to install AIX on x series?

Hi everyone, I have one IBM server x3650 M2 with intel cpu, i want to install AIX on it. Could you please tell me which version of AIX i can use to install on that machine? Thank you very much :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simba87
1 Replies

8. AIX

install CDE on AIX 5.3

Hi all, I want to install CDE on AIX 5.3 - TL 10 , X server already installed and most X applications works fine. i made iso files for 3 out of 8 volumes for the aix ( itried only 3 out of 8 with no luck ), and i mounted them as if they were filesystems. then i ran #smit install_all and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

9. AIX

Install pkgadd on AIX

I believe pkgadd facility is available on AIX for managing installation of software packages. How can i get pkgadd facility on AIX machine. which packages i have to install to get pkgadd feature? :mad: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
4 Replies

10. AIX

AIX base OS install

Hello, I'm trying to install AIX 7.1 on a machine. Unfortunately I forgot to load volume 2 DVD, but the server works fine. Was wondering, what all the contents will be in volume 2? And I tried loading it after the complete reboot but the blade is not recognizing the volume2 DVD. Please let... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
6 Replies
vdf(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    vdf(8)

NAME
vdf - Display disk information for AdvFS domains and filesets SYNOPSIS
/sbin/advfs/vdf [-k] [-l] domain | domain#fileset OPTIONS
Display disk blocks as 1024-byte blocks instead of the default of 512-byte blocks. When the -l option is specified, the default informa- tion for both the domain and filesets is reformatted to show the relationships between them. For example, any domain metadata displayed is the total metadata shared by filesets in the domain. OPERANDS
The full path name of an AdvFS file domain. When a domain argument is specified, the default display contains information about the number of disk blocks allocated to the domain, the number of disk blocks in use by the domain, and the number of disk blocks that are available to the domain. The name of an AdvFS fileset in an AdvFS file domain. When a domain#fileset argument is specified, the default display contains information about the number of disk blocks allocated to the fileset, the number of disk blocks in use by the fileset, and the number of disk blocks that are available to the fileset. This information is in the same format as that displayed by the df command. DESCRIPTION
The vdf utility is a script that reformats output from the showfdmn, showfsets, shfragbf, and df utilities in order to display information about the disk usage of AdvFS file domains and filesets. In addition, the utility computes and displays the sizes of metadata files in a domain or fileset. NOTES
The disk space used by clone filesets is not calculated. If clone filesets are present in the specified domain, the utility displays the following warning message: Clone fileset(s) in this domain; totals may not be accurate RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to use this command. The command cannot be used on filesets that are NFS mounted. All filesets in a domain must be mounted in order to calculate the disk usage of the domain. EXIT STATUS
The utility returns a value of 0 (zero) on successful completion. It returns a value of 1 on failure. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the summary information for a fileset named testfs in a domain named test. The output is the same as for the df command: # vdf test#testfs Filesystem 512-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on test#testfs 60000 20800 39200 35% /mnt The following example shows the summary information for a domain named usr_domain where the number of blocks used for meta- data and data equal 89% of the domain's capacity: # vdf usr_domain Domain 512-blocks Metadata Used Available Capacity usr_domain 65536 11219 47549 6768 89% The following example shows a detailed display of the domain that contains the fileset test#testfs. There are two filesets in the domain; each has a quota limit of 60,000 blocks: # vdf -l test#testfs Domain 512-blocks Metadata Used Available Capacity test 266240 5824 29128 231288 13% Fileset QuotaLimit Used Available Capacity testfs 60000 20800 39200 35% testfs2 60000 8328 51672 14% The following example shows a detailed display of a fileset that is the only fileset in the domain and that the fileset has a quota limit that is greater than the domain can hold: # vdf -l test#testfs Domain 512-blocks Metadata Used Avail- able Capacity test 266240 5824 29128 231288 13% Fileset QuotaLimit Used Available Capacity testfs 300000 20800 231288 8% FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: df(1), showfdmn(8), showfsets(8), shfragbf(8) Files: advfs(4) vdf(8)