Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install fixes on AIX 5.3
Operating Systems AIX Install fixes on AIX 5.3 Post 302402509 by sewiefr on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 04:17:17 AM
Old 03-10-2010
Try first:
"instfix -i | grep ML"

More detailed:
instfix -i -k "5300-10_AIX_ML"

Then: instfix -ciqk "Your_maintenance_level" | grep ":-:"
to find out which filesets still to install for a specific ML

In this case: > instfix -ciqk "5300-03_AIX_ML" | grep ":-:"
Probably you will to find these base level filesets on CD/DVD

After you install them, you might have to install the updates for these filesets for ML10

Which are missing?
I might give a hint which filesets you still need

Greetinz from Holland, Frank

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can I Install AIX 4.3.3 on a PC?

Would it be possible to install AIX ver 4.3.3 on a Pc so I can Practice commands and become familiar with the system? Is there anything special that i would have to do? Thanks Frank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wumagic
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to install depots in AIX 5.3

Hi, I want to install gcc-4.2.3-hppa-11.11.depot in AIX 5.3... In HP-UX we have a command swinstall to via UI we can install depots... so is there any command to install depots in AIX? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
3 Replies

3. AIX

MYSQL Install on AIX

Hello All: I've been asked to install mysql on AIX box and I have very little experience in UNIX. Does anybody have any step by step directions on installing MYSQL? Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmnv
1 Replies

4. AIX

Fixes for AIX 4.2.1

Hello, I have an old RS/6000 7013-J50 system around here with AIX 4.2 ML 4.2.1.0. I found that latest level is 4.2.1.12 or something like that. As this AIX version is very old and out of support I would like to know if anyone has the latest update CD for it and willing to provide to me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalpazan
2 Replies

5. AIX

Aix download and Install

I am new to Aix and would like to learn . Is there is some free download for this os available to be installed on a home desktop pc with 4 gb ram and 2.7 ibm single proc computer . can some one help me with the download link and installation instructions. Thank you in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bally90
3 Replies

6. AIX

Install bash on AIX

Hi, Im trying to install bash on AIX, I have rpm installed but get: rpm --install bash-3.0-19.3.ppc.rpm error: failed dependencies: libc.so.6 is needed by bash-3.0-19.3 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by bash-3.0-19.3 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
0 Replies

7. AIX

How to install AIX on x series?

Hi everyone, I have one IBM server x3650 M2 with intel cpu, i want to install AIX on it. Could you please tell me which version of AIX i can use to install on that machine? Thank you very much :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simba87
1 Replies

8. AIX

install CDE on AIX 5.3

Hi all, I want to install CDE on AIX 5.3 - TL 10 , X server already installed and most X applications works fine. i made iso files for 3 out of 8 volumes for the aix ( itried only 3 out of 8 with no luck ), and i mounted them as if they were filesystems. then i ran #smit install_all and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

9. AIX

Install pkgadd on AIX

I believe pkgadd facility is available on AIX for managing installation of software packages. How can i get pkgadd facility on AIX machine. which packages i have to install to get pkgadd feature? :mad: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
4 Replies

10. AIX

AIX base OS install

Hello, I'm trying to install AIX 7.1 on a machine. Unfortunately I forgot to load volume 2 DVD, but the server works fine. Was wondering, what all the contents will be in volume 2? And I tried loading it after the complete reboot but the blade is not recognizing the volume2 DVD. Please let... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
6 Replies
ZGREP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep, zegrep, zfgrep -- print lines matching a pattern in gzip-compressed files SYNOPSIS
zgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [files ...] zegrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] zfgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] DESCRIPTION
zgrep runs grep(1) on files or stdin, if no files argument is given, after decompressing them with zcat(1). The grep-flags and pattern arguments are passed on to grep(1). If an -e flag is found in the grep-flags, zgrep will not look for a pattern argument. zegrep calls egrep(1), while zfgrep calls fgrep(1). EXIT STATUS
In case of missing arguments or missing pattern, 1 will be returned, otherwise 0. SEE ALSO
egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1), gzip(1), zcat(1) AUTHORS
Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> BSD
December 28, 2003 BSD