Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Virtual Server Question
Operating Systems AIX AIX Virtual Server Question Post 302402503 by ross.mather on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 04:09:06 AM
Old 03-10-2010
Can you be more specific about which documentation you followed, as I would expect you to move data to the target LPAR not the VIO server.

I've done this several ways: NFS export the user volume filesystems and then copy them across on the virtual server to a new volume group.

If you have a good backup, and vg01 is on a SAN LUN. Deallocate the LUN from the physical server and allocate it via the VIO to the lpar and then import the vg again.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX p5 virtual processors setting

Have a p570 LPAR capped/smt set to 4 physical processors. And currently have virtual processors set to 6 which gives 12 logical processors at AIX. This is for an Oracle9i database server running 4 instances. What should virtual processors be set to? at least initially? And how to determine when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guttew
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virtual Server Which One?

Hi, Imagine I'm using SSH or TELNET to connect to one of my clustered database servers. I log in using a virtual server name not knowing which one of my two database servers i will connect to. Now the question: If all I have is the virtual server name e.g. SSH DavoH@gb1234QVD011Px7 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DavoH
1 Replies

3. AIX

how to find virtual ip in aix.

hi, can some body in helping me in finding the virtual ip of the aix machine using ifconfig. I tried ifconfig -a but there could be any interface name so finding that out would be difficult. So colud anyone suggest me some option. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasi_in
2 Replies

4. AIX

Transferring files from one AIX server to another AIX server in binary mode

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX. We have 2 AIX5.3 servers in our environment, I need to transfer some files in Binary mode from one server to another and some files in ASCII mode from one server to another server. Could you please help me as to how I need to do that? Thanks, Rakesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshc.apps
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX running as a virtual client ?

Me and a co-worker were wondering if by any chances there are any Virtual AIX available to run on either Windows or (preferably) a Linux flavor. That would help us a lot for practicing AIX admin work since we are not allowed to do it on the client server (we are just operators but aspiring to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

6. AIX

Virtual interface on AIX

Hi, I am totally new to AIX. I would like to know how to create virtual interface on AIX machine. Thanks, Pooja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooja84k
4 Replies

7. AIX

Virtual I/O server Problem (before Installing AIX 7.1)

Hello people, I'm facing some problems Installing AIX in my Power server 720 Well, to tell the truth my problem is in Virtual I/O (IVM) installation. OBSERVE THAT I DON'T HAVE A HMC! By the way: I have the latest server Firmware! I've done all the process in ASMI, then inserted and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xscaio
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

CPU high - apache real server OK, virtual server not

Got two RHEL servers - one real and one virtual/cloud. Both run apache web server. When traffic is applied, CPU seems to go quite high on virtual one (20%) but real is not really affected. Worry is that a further increase in traffic will see a problem. Experience of RHEL is limited. Whats... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

9. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies
BACKUP_DELVOLSET(8)					       AFS Command Reference					       BACKUP_DELVOLSET(8)

NAME
backup_delvolset - Deletes one or more volume sets from the Backup Database SYNOPSIS
backup delvolset -name <volume set name>+ [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup delvols -n <volume set name>+ [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup delvolset command deletes each volume set named by the -name argument, and the volume entries each contains, from the Backup Database. The backup listvolsets command lists the volume sets (and their volume entries) currently defined in the Backup Database. CAUTIONS
Deleting a temporary volume set is possible only within the interactive session in which it was created. Exiting the interactive session also destroys the temporary volume set automatically. OPTIONS
-name <volume set name>+ Names each volume set to delete. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command deletes the volume set called user and all volume entries in it: % backup delvolset user PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_addvolentry(8), backup_addvolset(8), backup_delvolentry(8), backup_listvolsets(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_DELVOLSET(8)