Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert timezone
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert timezone Post 302402470 by dennis.jacob on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 02:02:41 AM
Old 03-10-2010
Use TZ variable

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timezone

Hello again, under hp-ux i have a file /etc/TIMEZONE. here is definied which timezone i am. i dont know who reads this file to set after reading the timezone under /usr/lib/tztab. my 2 questions, who reads the file /etc/TIMEZONE ( which service ) and do i need in the first line to set my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timezone

Hi, I got an question about changing timezone thrue command line on a SunOS Release 4.1.2 without restarting the computer. Now it's set on WET and I want to set the timezone to CET (GMT +1) Plz somebody help me. Regards Novisern:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Novisern
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

timezone

Hi, i am searching to change the timezone on a HP-UX11 system. Since last weekend the summertime started i am not able to change the time to the new time, every day the time changes back to wintertime. I think the problem is that the server is on the wrong timezone. Can someone help me please?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eddyvdv
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timezone

HI ; I got Solaris8 installed oon Sunfire V440 .I have TZ=GMT in /etc/TIMEZONE , but when i log in as root i see the date in GMT+1. So i have every time to "set TZ=GMT ; export $TZ" . How can i set the TZ=GMT at the startup defenitely. Thanks :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: oss
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Crontab and timezone

I am running SunOS 5.6. If I login with a ksh shell and type 'date'. I get the correct date and time related to the TZ, that is, >Tuesday July 27 09:50:25 NZST 2004 However, if I run under crontab, I get this. >Mon Jul 26 20:49:00 ESTEDT 2004 My question is; Does anyone know how to fix this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbeard
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with timezone conversion

Hi, Date_ConvTZ of module Date:Manip, converts time zone to specified server but without day time savings... $mod = Date_ConvTZ($date,"$thisTZ","$serverTZ"); US and UK timezone difference is 5 hrs, but above function will return difference of 4 hrs. Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert timezone into human output

Hi I have a command which returns a timezone, Ej: root@bsades2: /usr/local/bin # lsuser -a time_last_login israel israel time_last_login=1279032223 Question: I want to parse this timezone '1279032223' into a 'martes, 13 de julio de 2010 16:43:43' from the ksh shell. Is itt possible? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

changing timezone

Hi, I would like to change time zone Linux from IST to US/Canada but not getting the option , I have run the command setup -> timezone configuration but not getting the option of us/canada or pacific us/canada. Please suggest. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

9. Solaris

timezone issue

Hi, On my server timezone is IST, so I have configured the sudo for user to change the date, but when he is changing the date time zone is also getting changed from ist to gmt. using solaris 10. I have checked in /etc/TIMEZONE file in that it is showing TZ=Asia/Calcutta, wheather any other file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

10. Solaris

TIMEZONE problem..

hii there... can you guys help me with TIMEZONE setting on my solaris box i tried to edit cat /etc/TIMEZONE..but i think it will work after rebooting, but something i did which took me to GMT my problem is i have this issue on a server, and i have to fix this without rebooting. thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 6pound
1 Replies
variable(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						       variable(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
variable - create and initialize a namespace variable SYNOPSIS
variable ?name value...? name ?value? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is normally used within a namespace eval command to create one or more variables within a namespace. Each variable name is initialized with value. The value for the last variable is optional. If a variable name does not exist, it is created. In this case, if value is specified, it is assigned to the newly created variable. If no value is specified, the new variable is left undefined. If the variable already exists, it is set to value if value is specified or left unchanged if no value is given. Normally, name is unqualified (does not include the names of any containing namespaces), and the variable is created in the current namespace. If name includes any namespace qualifiers, the variable is created in the specified names- pace. If the variable is not defined, it will be visible to the namespace which command, but not to the info exists command. If the variable command is executed inside a Tcl procedure, it creates local variables linked to the corresponding namespace variables (and therefore these variables are listed by info locals.) In this way the variable command resembles the global command, although the global command only links to variables in the global namespace. If any values are given, they are used to modify the values of the associated namespace variables. If a namespace variable does not exist, it is created and optionally initialized. A name argument cannot reference an element within an array. Instead, name should reference the entire array, and the initialization value should be left off. After the variable has been declared, elements within the array can be set using ordinary set or array commands. SEE ALSO
global(n), namespace(n), upvar(n) KEYWORDS
global, namespace, procedure, variable Tcl 8.0 variable(n)