Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting particular string in a file and storing matched string in output file Post 302402439 by devtakh on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 12:18:35 AM
Old 03-10-2010
Code:
awk -F ":" '{printf $2}' filename | sed 's/.*<msisdn[^0-9]*\([0-9][0-9]*\)<\/msisdn.*<resCode>\([0-9]*\)<\/resCode.*<resMessage>\(.*\)<\/resMessage.*/\1|\2|\3/g'

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, grep, awk, regex -- extracting a matched substring from a file/string

Ok, I'm stumped and can't seem to find relevant info. (I'm not even sure, I might have asked something similar before.): I'm trying to use shell scripting/UNIX commands to extract URLs from a fairly large web page, with a view to ultimately wrapping this in PHP with exec() and including the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from one file and searching the same string in other files

Hi, Need to extract a string from one file and search the same in other files. Ex: I have file1 of hundred lines with no delimiters not even space. I have 3 more files. I should get 1 to 10 characters say substring from each line of file1 and search that string in rest of the files and get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohancrr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

save every line in log file with matched string

i have been doing this script to match every line in a current log file (access_log) with strings that i list from a path (consist of 100 of user's name ex: meggae ).. and then make a directory of every string from the text file (/path/meggae/) --->if it matched.. then print every line from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meggae
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output text from 1st paragraph in file w/ a specific string through last paragraph of file w/ string

Hi, I'm trying to output all text from the first paragraph in a file that contains a specific string through the last paragraph in that file that contains that string. Previously, I was outputting just each paragraph with that search string with: cat in_file | nawk '{RS=""; FS="\n";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carpenn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commenting a line matched with a specific string in a file

Hi, I would like to comment a line that matched a string "sreenivas" in a file without opening it. Thanks in advance. Regards, Sreenivas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for Pattern as output between the matched String

Hello, I have a file which has the below contents : VG_name LV_name LV_size in MB LV_option LV_mountpoint owner group y testdg rahul2lv 10 "-A y -L" /home/abc2 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string inside a pattern matched block of a file

How to grep for searching a string within a begin and end pattern of a file. Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Baishali
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a user input string after matched string in file

i am having file like this #!/bin/bash read -p 'Username: ' uservar match='<color="red" />' text='this is only a test so please be patient <color="red" />' echo "$text" | sed "s/$match/&$uservar\g" so desireble output what i want is if user type MARIA this is only a test so please... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding specific string in file and storing in another file

Text in input file is like this <title> <band height="21" isSplitAllowed="true" > <staticText> <reportElement x="1" y="1" width="313" height="20" key="staticText-1"/> <box></box> <textElement> <font fontName="Arial" pdfFontName="Helvetica-Bold"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aankita30
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)