Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RBAC & Logging
Operating Systems Solaris RBAC & Logging Post 302402334 by bitlord on Tuesday 9th of March 2010 12:33:52 PM
Old 03-09-2010
Thanks this a good start. RBAC profiles don't normally have a home directory, so sh_history or .bash_history will not work for commands.

I need to see what commands a user uses under anther profile.

Lets say the profile name is tape and the user name is username. If username logs into the system and needs to use the tape drive he will then need to su to tape.

I need to see what username is doing while using the role tape. I need to be able to see the commands username is using, but not to be confuse by the commands of other users.

Thanks for your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RBAC logging

Hi gurus: I have not come accross any links on the internet that shows how to set up logging in RBAC and also is it possible to get the granularity and simplicity of sudo logging in RBAC. I have heard that RBAC logs are complicated to read and not as simple and granular as sudo logs. Your help... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomonap
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Rbac

I am trying to let user asillitoe su to the godbrook role to execute commands. I have editted files as follows: user_attr: asillito::::type=normal;roles=godbrook godbrook::::type=role;profiles=Gadbrook,All prof_attr: Gadbrook:::Allow root commands to be used by godbrook: exec_attr:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisdberry
0 Replies

3. Solaris

RBAC Help

do i have to create a new account to add a role? i want the sysadmin login i have 3 users on my systems sysadmin secman oc01 also 3 profiles SA (goes t0 sysadmin account) SSO (goes to secman account) LMICS (goes to oc01 account) the user accounts are located in /h/USERS/local the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Rbac

Can anyone help me on "How to change Unix to support RBAC policy"? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPoroo
4 Replies

5. Solaris

rbac problem.

Hi all! On backup server with contab my script worked, but one command don't fine to be executed: bash-3.00$ scp itadmin@172.17.0.44:/export/backups/* /bckp1/opencms/bcp_`date +%Y%m%d`/ www-zone.cfg 100%... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sotich82
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Difference between sudo & RBAC

Hello Everybody I would like to know any major difference between sudo & RBAC as I am bit familiar with RBAC but not with sudo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

RBAC question

hi every one i tried rbac and i made 1- role called GizaRoot 2- group called gizagroup 3- added privlage autherization called "m.k" /usr/sbin/useradd:dflt:(m.k,*):0/0//:dflt:dflt:dflt: i assigned the role to group and add user to that group then su to user and tried to use the command ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Sol10 + OpenLDAP = excessive logging & full file system??!!

Hello all, new to this forum (member of many others). Hopefully I can find help here. SERVER: Brand new server Oracle Enterprise SPARC T4-1 Loaded Solaris SPARC 10 u10, patched to 147440-27 Loaded OpenLDAP v2.4.30 Loaded Berkley DB 4.7.25.NC Loaded OpenSSL 1.0.1c Note: All packages are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wraith_G2IC
2 Replies

9. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Connection Logging in Solaris 10 & 11 - Beginner

Excuse my ignorance as I am very new to working with Solaris. I'm looking for documentation on how to create a network log in Solaris 10 & 11. I don't wish to edit any of the logs currently the system. I simply want a log that will capture all incoming IP addresses and log them with a time-in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: FamousAv8er
8 Replies
MT(1)                                                                GNU CPIO                                                                MT(1)

NAME
mt - control magnetic tape drive operation SYNOPSIS
mt [-V] [-f device] [--file=device] [--rsh-command=command] [--version] operation [count] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the GNU version of mt. mt performs the given operation, which must be one of the tape operations listed below, on a tape drive. The default tape device to operate on is taken from the file /usr/include/sys/mtio.h when mt is compiled. It can be overridden by giving a device file name in the environment variable TAPE or by a command line option (see below), which also overrides the environment variable. The device must be either a character special file or a remote tape drive. To use a tape drive on another machine as the archive, use a filename that starts with `HOSTNAME:'. The hostname can be preceded by a username and an `@' to access the remote tape drive as that user, if you have permission to do so (typically an entry in that user's `~/.rhosts' file). The available operations are listed below. Unique abbreviations are accepted. Not all operations are available on all systems, or work on all types of tape drives. Some operations optionally take a repeat count, which can be given after the operation name and defaults to 1. eof, weof Write count EOF marks at current position. fsf Forward space count files. The tape is positioned on the first block of the next file. bsf Backward space count files. The tape is positioned on the first block of the next file. fsr Forward space count records. bsr Backward space count records. bsfm Backward space count file marks. The tape is positioned on the beginning-of-the-tape side of the file mark. fsfm Forward space count file marks. The tape is positioned on the beginning-of-the-tape side of the file mark. asf Absolute space to file number count. Equivalent to rewind followed by fsf count. seek Seek to block number count. eom Space to the end of the recorded media on the tape (for appending files onto tapes). rewind Rewind the tape. offline, rewoffl Rewind the tape and, if applicable, unload the tape. status Print status information about the tape unit. retension Rewind the tape, then wind it to the end of the reel, then rewind it again. erase Perform long erase of tape. If count is 0, perform short erase of tape (some devices do not support this). mt exits with a status of 0 if the operation succeeded, 1 if the operation or device name given was invalid, or 2 if the operation failed. OPTIONS -f, --file=device Use device as the file name of the tape drive to operate on. To use a tape drive on another machine, use a filename that starts with `HOSTNAME:'. The hostname can be preceded by a username and an `@' to access the remote tape drive as that user, if you have permission to do so (typically an entry in that user's `~/.rhosts' file). --rsh-command=command Notifies mt that it should use command to communicate with remote devices instead of /usr/bin/ssh or /usr/bin/rsh. -V, --version Print the version number of mt. BUG REPORTS
Report bugs to <bug-cpio@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. MT January 28, 2014 MT(1)