Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RBAC & Logging
Operating Systems Solaris RBAC & Logging Post 302402309 by incredible on Tuesday 9th of March 2010 11:16:09 AM
Old 03-09-2010
/var/adm/sulog file will show you who sued to a profile.
the .sh_history or .bash_history file within the profile's/user's home directory would capture the commands issued.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RBAC logging

Hi gurus: I have not come accross any links on the internet that shows how to set up logging in RBAC and also is it possible to get the granularity and simplicity of sudo logging in RBAC. I have heard that RBAC logs are complicated to read and not as simple and granular as sudo logs. Your help... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomonap
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Rbac

I am trying to let user asillitoe su to the godbrook role to execute commands. I have editted files as follows: user_attr: asillito::::type=normal;roles=godbrook godbrook::::type=role;profiles=Gadbrook,All prof_attr: Gadbrook:::Allow root commands to be used by godbrook: exec_attr:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisdberry
0 Replies

3. Solaris

RBAC Help

do i have to create a new account to add a role? i want the sysadmin login i have 3 users on my systems sysadmin secman oc01 also 3 profiles SA (goes t0 sysadmin account) SSO (goes to secman account) LMICS (goes to oc01 account) the user accounts are located in /h/USERS/local the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Rbac

Can anyone help me on "How to change Unix to support RBAC policy"? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPoroo
4 Replies

5. Solaris

rbac problem.

Hi all! On backup server with contab my script worked, but one command don't fine to be executed: bash-3.00$ scp itadmin@172.17.0.44:/export/backups/* /bckp1/opencms/bcp_`date +%Y%m%d`/ www-zone.cfg 100%... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sotich82
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Difference between sudo & RBAC

Hello Everybody I would like to know any major difference between sudo & RBAC as I am bit familiar with RBAC but not with sudo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

RBAC question

hi every one i tried rbac and i made 1- role called GizaRoot 2- group called gizagroup 3- added privlage autherization called "m.k" /usr/sbin/useradd:dflt:(m.k,*):0/0//:dflt:dflt:dflt: i assigned the role to group and add user to that group then su to user and tried to use the command ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Sol10 + OpenLDAP = excessive logging & full file system??!!

Hello all, new to this forum (member of many others). Hopefully I can find help here. SERVER: Brand new server Oracle Enterprise SPARC T4-1 Loaded Solaris SPARC 10 u10, patched to 147440-27 Loaded OpenLDAP v2.4.30 Loaded Berkley DB 4.7.25.NC Loaded OpenSSL 1.0.1c Note: All packages are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wraith_G2IC
2 Replies

9. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Connection Logging in Solaris 10 & 11 - Beginner

Excuse my ignorance as I am very new to working with Solaris. I'm looking for documentation on how to create a network log in Solaris 10 & 11. I don't wish to edit any of the logs currently the system. I simply want a log that will capture all incoming IP addresses and log them with a time-in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: FamousAv8er
8 Replies
INSTALL-MH(8)							     [nmh-1.5]							     INSTALL-MH(8)

NAME
install-mh - initialize the nmh environment SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/install-mh [-auto] [-check] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Install-mh is the nmh program to create the initial setup for a first-time nmh user. Install-mh lives in two places for historical rea- sons. The -auto option does things as automatically as possible and makes install-mh less chatty. The user is asked for the name of the directory that will be designated as the user's nmh directory. If this directory does not exist, the user is asked if it should be created. Normally, this directory should be under the user's home directory, and has the default name of ``Mail''. Install-mh writes an initial .mh_profile for the user. As with all nmh commands, install-mh first checks for the existence of the $MH environment variable since that gives the profile path if set. If it isn't set, the $HOME environment variable is consulted to determine the user's home directory. If $HOME is not set, then the /etc/passwd file is consulted. When creating the users initial .mh_profile, install-mh will check for the existence of a global profile /etc/nmh/mh.profile. If found, this will be used to initialize the new .mh_profile. The -check option can be used to check whether or not nmh has been installed. This can be used by other programs to determine whether or not nmh has been installed without their having to know the internals of nmh. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile /etc/nmh/mh.profile Used to initialize user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To set the user's nmh directory CONTEXT
With -auto, the current folder is changed to "inbox". MH.6.8 11 June 2012 INSTALL-MH(8)