Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux to ansi pc conversion
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux to ansi pc conversion Post 302402162 by Tuxidow on Tuesday 9th of March 2010 04:26:17 AM
Old 03-09-2010
Linux to ansi pc conversion

Hi All,

I checked the old posts here. But could not find a solution for my question.

I have a file created by one application in HP-UX. My client wants it to be converted into ANSI PC version. I have heard about unixtodos and have worked with it also. But I am totally unaware of of this ANSI PC version. Can anyone here help me to sort out this?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert file from Unix - ANSI to PC - ANSI

Hi, I am creating a file in Unix using a shell script. The file is getting created in the Unix - ANSI format. My requirement is to convert it to the PC - ANSI format. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks, Sunil (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File conversion from Unix to ANSI

1. I have a shell script which creates a file using cat command. How can i find what encoding the file follows (e.g. UTF8, ANSI)? 2. I want to convert that file to PC-ANSI format. How can i achieve that? I tried using the echo $LANG command to find the default encoding. It says parameter not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ANSI C, char to hex conversion

Hi, I have a char buf,ch; and the buf is filled with the result from MySQL server which I get like this numbytes = recv(sock, buf, 1024, 0));I have the followingcode to display the results printf("received %ld bytes:\n",numbytes); for(c=0;c<numbytes;c++){ ch = (char)buf; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikims
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HPUX to Linux awk conversion

I have the following script to edit ^'s and newlines out of files to be entered into a database. This script has been around since the dawn of time (way before me). #!/bin/bash # Remove all ^ and \n from the source file, except do not remove ^^^\n cat myfile.hold | awk ' BEGIN {FS="|";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

5. Programming

why the implementatoin of Bakery algorithm in ANSI C does not work in ANSI C

I follow the description of wiki (Lamport's bakery algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), then implement that algorithm in C, but it doesn't work, Starving is still here, is the implementation worry? Only print out: Thread ID: 0 START! Thread ID: 0 END! Thread ID: 0 START!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Conversion of the format of a file in linux

How to convert a rtf file to a ttf file in ubuntu terminal? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poonam.gaigole
2 Replies

7. Debian

Linux movie scan conversion software?

Hello, A movie I want is only available on a Region 2 DVD. Is there Linux software that will read a Region 2 DVD, do scan conversion and then burn a Region 1 DVD? Best regards, Fred (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
1 Replies

8. Solaris

New to Solaris IPMP (conversion from Linux)

Hi all, I been reading examples of how to setup IPMP and how it differs from Etherchannel. However, i am still unsure of how it really works and i hope gurus here can shed some light on the questions I have below while i will lab it up for my own test -> q1) for IPMP, there is no such thing... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
23 Replies
fcp(7D) 							      Devices								   fcp(7D)

NAME
fcp - Fibre Channel protocol driver DESCRIPTION
The fcp driver is the upper layer protocol that supports mechanisms for transporting SCSI-3 commands over Fibre Channel. The fcp driver, which interfaces with the Sun Fibre Channel transport library fctl(7D), supports the standard functions provided by the SCSA interface. FILES
/kernel/drv/fcp 32-bit ELF kernel driver (x86) /kernel/drv/amd64/fcp 64-bit ELF kernel driver (x86) /kernel/drv/sparcv9/fcp 64-bit ELF kernel driver (SPARC) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Unknown | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfcp | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
prtconf(1M), driver.conf(4), fctl(7D), fp(7D), usoc(7D) Writing Device Drivers Fibre Channel Physical and Signaling Interface (FC-PH) ANSI X3.230: 1994 Fibre Channel Generic Services (FC-GS-2) Project 1134-D Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) ANSI X3.272-1996 Fibre Channel Protocol for SCSI (FCP) ANSI X3.269-1996 SCSI-3 Architecture Model (SAM) Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) ANSI X3.270-1996 Fabric Loop Attachment (FC-FLA), NCITS TR-20:1998 SunOS 5.10 20 Oct 2004 fcp(7D)