Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove specific pattern header and its content problem facing Post 302402138 by patrick87 on Tuesday 9th of March 2010 03:14:52 AM
Old 03-09-2010
Hi, it seems like don't give the expected output result Smilie
It gives the output result same as my input file?
Thanks again for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific content in a file

Hi, I have a file called fl_list consists of files i have to archive. I want to create a exception parm called except_parm, so if it finds the directory it will not archive these files and remove from fl_list. $ cat fl_list /apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003B/IA003B_Deal_Header_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k9cheung
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming all header to specific header pattern

Input #HAC0253 EFVHIJHIJEFVTHIJOPKOPKTEFVEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKHIJTTEFVEFVTEFV #BASFS12 EFVEFVHIJEFVEFVTOPKEFVOPKTHIJTTHIJOPK #ACG5115 TEFVEFVOIJEFVHIJHIJOPKOPKHIJHIJTTEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK #ECG5114 IJTOPKHIJEFVOEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK . . Output (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from data and rename its header problem asking

Input file 1: >pattern_5 GAATTCGTTCATGTAGGTTGASDASFGDSGRTYRYGHDGSDFGSDGGDSGSDGSDFGSDF ATTTAATTATGATTCATACGTCATATGTTATTATTCAATCGTATAAAATTATGTGACCTT SDFSDGSDFKSDAFLKJASLFJASKLFSJAKJFHASJKFHASJKFHASJKFHSJAKFHAW >pattern_1 AAGTCTTAAGATATCACCGTCGATTAGGTTTATACAGCTTTTGTGTTATTTAAATTTGAC... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/perl command to delete specific pattern and content above it...

Hi, Below is my input file: Data: 1 Length: 20 Got result. Data: 2 Length: 30 No result. Data: 3 Length: 20 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edge_diners
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with rename header content based on reference file problem

I got long list of reference file >data_tmp_number_22 >data_tmp_number_12 >data_tmp_number_20 . . Input file: >sample_data_1 Math, 5, USA, tmp SDFEWRWERWERWRWER FSFDSFSDFSDGSDGSD >sample_data_2 Math, 15, UK, tmp FDSFSDFF >sample_data_3 Math, 50, USA, tmp ARQERREQR . . Desired... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace the content of specific pattern

Input file: __<name>AWEETET</name> ____<name_evidence="3"_type="2@#">QEWQE</name> __<name>QWE048</name> ____<name_evidence="3"_type="570">@#@$#545</name> ____<name_evidence="2"_type="351">QWE4</name> Desired output: __<tmp>AWEETET</tmp> ____<name_evidence="3"_type="2@#">QEWQE</name>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the file content based on the Header of the file

Hi All, I want to remove the content based on the header information . Please find the example below. File1.txt Name|Last|First|Location|DepId|Depname|DepLoc naga|rr|tion|hyd|1|wer|opr Nava|ra|tin|gen|2|wera|opra I have to search for the DepId and remove the data from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Moving of file content to another two files after searching with specific pattern

Hello, Please help me with this!! Thanks in advance!! I have a file named file.gc with the content: 1-- Mon Sep 10 08:53:09 CDT 2012 2revoke connect from FR2261; 3delete from mkt_allow where grantee = 'FR2261'; 4grant connect to FR2261 with '******'; 5alter user FR2261 comment... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with Content-Type:application/x-download Content-Disposition:attachment

I am in the process of developing a perl cgi page. I had succeeded in developing the page but there are few errors/issues with the page. description about cgi page: My CGI page retrieves all the file names from an directory and displays the files in drop down menu for downloading the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove content present in between specific pattern ?

Hi, I have a file with following pattern. We are looking to filter out only specific content from this file. sample BLAdmins Server.* LinuxAdmins Server.* Policy Name: Recommended Default ACL Policy Everyone ACLPushJob.Read Everyone ACLTemplate.Read Everyone ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu19
9 Replies
PIC2PS(9.1)															       PIC2PS(9.1)

NAME
pic2ps, pic2gif - convert picture files to other formats SYNOPSIS
fb/pic2ps [ -c ] [ -h height ] [ input ] fb/pic2gif [ -i ] [ -l ] [ -b depth ] [ input ] DESCRIPTION
Pic2ps converts its input image (default standard input) into encapsulated PostScript, writing the result to standard output. If the input image is full-color, its luminance is computed first, except under option -c, which produces output suitable for a color PostScript printer. Option -h sets the output image height in inches. The default height is 3", to match the default height of the .BP macro in troff -mpictures. Pic2gif converts its input image (default standard input) into a Compuserv GIF format file, writing the result to standard output. It con- verts only the first channel of the input image, which may yield wrong results -- use the -l flag or quantize(9.1) or some other dithering filter to reduce color images to a single channel. Option -i produces an interlaced output file. Option -b sets the number of bits per pixel in the output file. The default is 8, which is the maximum. Option -l makes pic2gif compute the NTSC luminance of its input. If pic2gif's input contains no color map, it assumes that it is a 256 grey shade monochrome image. SOURCE
/sys/src/fb/pic2ps.c /sys/src/fb/pic2gif.c SEE ALSO
mpictures(6), picfile(9.6), quantize(9.1), PIC2PS(9.1)