Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed search and read the RHS information: Linux 2.6.9-89 Post 302402129 by EAGL€ on Tuesday 9th of March 2010 02:54:44 AM
Old 03-09-2010
If i understood right you can get ftp server addresses with awk:

Code:
awk -F= '/FTP_ID/ {gsub("\<|\>","",$2);print$2}' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read a part of information from txt and put into the script

Hi, I have a name.txt which is stored: APPLE ORANGE RED BLUE GREEN and my script is: $name=`cat name.txt for file_number in `ls 1 /appl/CH_DATA/archive/CACHE/CDBACKUP$name*.archived however, my script cannot read name.txt and put into my scrip line, I would like the output is to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
18 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read directory and fill a file with this information

Hello All, Got a question to make a script what reads a directory and put the file names from that directory in a file with some extra text. ls /tempdir output is: file1.gfh file2.txt file4.zzz these file names (always with an extention) must be placed in a line and written to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ToXiQ
2 Replies

3. Programming

How to read BGP session information with C

Friends, I want to read BGP session information with C ( in FreeBSD ). The program will almost work like a sniffer. My FreeBSD box (which is not a BGP speaker) will look at BGP session information (after catching and parsing it) and take a decision based on the information it sees. :wall: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asadfx
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help - search/copy from one file and search/paste to another

I am a newbie and would like some help with the following - Trying to search fileA for a string similar to - AS11000022010 30.4 31.7 43.7 53.8 60.5 71.1 75.2 74.7 66.9 56.6 42.7 32.5 53.3 I then want to replace that string with a string from fileB - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read userid and password information from txt file

Hi Experts, I am writing a shell script (for displaying disk space details) which is logging to 15 different servers using following command. ssh userid@servername It is prompting me for password for all 15 servers when I manually run it. However , soon I would like to schedule this script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
4 Replies

6. AIX

read lv mountpoint information directly from disk

Hello, I need to get the lv mountpoint from the hdisk directly (from vgda i guess) and not from odm or /etc/filesystems I knew the command, but unfortunately I forgot it ;) cheers funksen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED capturing information from a variable

Hi I can't get this line to work. I need to capture what is between Home and plugin_out, where the .* is located. RUN=`echo '${TSP_FILEPATH_PLUGIN_DIR}' | sed -e 's^/results/analysis/output/Home/\(.*\)/plugin_out/g'`; echo ${RUN}; I'm getting the error sed: -e expression #1, char 51:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdilts
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Log Realtime and Parse out Information for a Report

I'm not too fluent at this and having problems comprehending / coming up with a way to do it. Our telephone system is spitting out call information on it's maintenance (serial) port which i have connected to a linux box. I want to be able to monitor the output of this text and when a 911 call is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pythong
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Obtaining File information based on String Search

Is there a single Command in Unix to get the following Information when searching for files containing one or more strings in a Unix Directory (including sub directories within it) : 1) Complete filename ( path and filename) 2) Owner of the file 3) Size of the file 4) Last Modified date... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for the information at file

I'm having few question. i'm have a input file. Other information CONNECTIONS "BP-COLLECTOR" J6.4 "BP-TEST".4; +5VS C34.1 U21.1; DEV_I2C_SDA J6.6 R4.1 U18.1; DEVICES "BP-TEST" 1."BP-LED_ANODE" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
8 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)