Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed insert command and variable expansion/command substitution Post 302402076 by glev2005 on Monday 8th of March 2010 09:47:21 PM
Old 03-08-2010
it doesnt work with double quotes

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making script show command (e.g. copy) being executed and variable substitution?

When script is running you only see when some of the commands are not successfull. Is there a way to see which command are executed and to show the substitution of variables as every line is executed ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr0124
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use variable with command substitution in variable

For example I have variable like below echo $OUTPUT /some/path/`uname -n` when I try to use the variable OUTPUT like below cd $OUTPUT or cd ${OUTPUT} I am getting bad substituion error message $ cd $OUTPUT ksh: cd: bad substitution $ cd ${OUTPUT} ksh: cd: bad substitution ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajukv
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Command Substitution and Variable Expansion within a Case

Hello All, I don't write scripts very often, and in this case I am stumped, although it may be a bug in the version of bash I have to use (it's not my system). I want to extract a specific string snippet from a block of text (coming from a log file) that is dependent on a bunch of other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaimielives
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variable inside command substitution

Hello people. Part of my script: SUBSETID=`echo $PMFILE |sed 's/pmresult_//' | sed 's/_*//'` MAPFILE=`find /huawei/cell /huawei/nodeb /huawei/rnc -name 'mapping_$SUBSETID.txt' |grep -v backup` Unfortunatelly variable $SUBSETID in the MAPFILE declaration will not return the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command substitution inside of a variable expression (AIX, KORN)

Hello all. This is my first post/question on this site. I’m a new Systems Analyst with previous experience with BASH. Although now I'm using AIX, and I’m trying to get a feel for the Korn shell (for those of you that don’t know AIX only uses the KORN shell). I hope I put this into the correct... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydox
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed variable expansion fails for substitution in range

I'm trying to change "F" to "G" in lines after the first one: 'FUE.SER' 5 1 1 F0501 F0401 F0502 2 1 F0301 E0501 F0201 E0502 F0302 3 1 F0503 E0503 E0301 E0201 E0302 E0504 F0504 4 1 F0402 F0202 E0202 F0101 E0203 F0203 F0403 5 1 F0505 E0505 E0303 E0204 E0304 E0506... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: larrl
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Real-time scenarios where VARIABLE SUBSTITUTION/EXPANSION is useful

Hi, at academic level I am familiar with how variable substitution/expansion feature works. From your live experience, can you please tell what are real-time scenarios where ${variable:=} ${variable%pattern} ${variable:=word} sort of features can be used? How can we connect that dot that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attributes value substitution with sed command

Hi, I am trying to substitute an attributes value using sed command but it is only possible to substitute the value without space. input xml <BillingAddress11300000 Tag="11300000" SectionID="BLA" CustAddrName="CLAUDIA LUCIA DE ALMEIDA" CustAddrStreet="AV ENGENHEIRO RICHARD" CustAddrState="RJ"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bijayan Sarkar
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Attributes value substitution with sed command

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi, I am trying to substitute an attributes value using sed command but it is only possible to substitute the value without space. 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: input xml <BillingAddress11300000... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bijayan Sarkar
13 Replies
WMGRABIMGAE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    WMGRABIMGAE(1)

NAME
WMGRABIMGAE - Dockable WWW Image monitor. SYNOPSIS
wmGrabImage [-h] [-display <Display>] -url <Image URL> [-http <URL>] [-c] [-delay <Time>] DESCRIPTION
wmGrabImage is a WindowMaker DockApp that maintains a small thumbnail copy of your favorite image from the WWW. The image to monitor is specified via the "-url <Image URL>" command-line option and it gets updated approximately every 5 minutes. The update interval can be overridden via the "-delay <Time>" command-line option (Time is in seconds). Each of the three mouse buttons can be double clicked with the following effects; Left Mouse: Brings up the full-sized image in xv. Middle Mouse: Sends a URL (specified via the -http <URL> command-line option) to an already running netscape process or in a new netscape process if there arent any running. Right Mouse: Updates the image immediately. OPTIONS
-h Display list of command-line options. -display [display] Use an alternate X Display. -url <Image URL> The URL of the WWW image to monitor. -http <URL> The URL to send to netscape via a Middle double click. -c Center the image vertically within the icon. -delay <Time> The time between updates. The default is about 5 minutes. FILES
The original sized image and the thumbnail XPM image are both stored in ~/.wmGrabImage/ which gets created if it doesnt already exist. SEE ALSO
wget and the ImageMagick convert utility. BUGS
Who knows? -- its still Beta though. (Let me know if you find any). Oldish versions of the ImageMagick convert utility have a memory leak -- if you have that problem, upgrade to the latest version. AUTHOR
Michael G. Henderson <mghenderson@lanl.gov> 16 December 1998 WMGRABIMGAE(1)