Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Some how the open(file,flag, acc) returns 0 and write to the screen, instead of the file ??? Post 302402015 by alex_5161 on Monday 8th of March 2010 03:36:32 PM
Old 03-08-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
I think the result of the == is being assigned to fdRPT.
It appsolutely right!!!
Thank you very much!!!

Now it works as expected!
SmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell to run one after another checking any flag or file

a.ksh & b.ksh run at the same time and takes huge resource and time.I want to put a technique so that one wil run after another. eg put a flag so that each script will check if it running , then sleep and wait it to finish. Can some one advise (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: konark
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

aCC compiler: dramatic drop in .o file sizes?

We've just moved to a new iTanium development system at my place of business, as the previous one is going to be diverted to other uses. Our product uses a locally produced library built from over 2,300 C++ sources. We just noticed that our libraries are 2/3s smaller on the new system than they... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mark F. Cook
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

want o/p on screen as well as write in file

my script has some print statement i want to display it on screen and at same time i want to redirect it into some log file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel delete based flag from text file

Hi, I need a unix shell script for this requirement and is URGENT My input text file contains A-1 B-1 C-1 D-2 E-2 F-3 G-3 H-3 I-3 J-4 K-4 L-5 My expected result should be: if flag is 1, it has to delete A, B, C if flag is 2, it has to delete D,E if flag is 3, it has to delete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moses_a
1 Replies

5. Solaris

file open/read/write/close/access by process

Hi want to know what file (descriptor+filename+socket) is being accessed by particular process on solaris. Purpose : while running perf. test, needs to find where is the bottleneck. We are providing concurrnet load for around 1 hr and needs to capture data related to file usage pattern... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raxitsheth
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Before I delete any file in Unix, How can I check no open file handle is pointing to that file?

I know how to check if any file has a unix process using a file by looking at 'lsof <fullpath/filename>' command. I think using lsof is very expensive. Also to make it accurate we need to inlcude fullpath of the file. Is there another command that can tell if a file has a truely active... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

8. AIX

AIX flag to reduce size of shared file

I am using xlC (Version: 11.01.0000.0011). While build i am using "-g" to have debug information in build. there are many object files (>500) due to which resultant shared file (.so) will have huge size. I can't reduce optimization level. Is there any way or flag is present by using which i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhi04
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file availability and place flag file

I have to check a directory on Linux (via shell Script which I am trying to build) for about 20 different source files with file patterns and if the files are made available in the directory, I should place flag files for which my other ETL jobs are waiting on to kick off. If the source files are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
6 Replies
G_ACCESS(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					       G_ACCESS(9)

NAME
g_access -- control access to GEOM consumers and their providers SYNOPSIS
#include <geom/geom.h> int g_access(struct g_consumer *cp, int dcr, int dcw, int dce); DESCRIPTION
The g_access() function allows to open, close, and generally change access to the provider which is attached to the given consumer cp. The arguments dcr, dcw, and dce represent relative read, write, and exclusive access count changes. Read and write access counts are self explanatory, and exclusive access counts deny write access to other interested parties. A provider's access count is the sum of the access counts of all attached consumers. After attaching a consumer to a provider with g_attach(9), the g_access() function has to be called on the consumer before starting I/O requests. RESTRICTIONS
/CONDITIONS The consumer has to be attached to a provider. The intended change must not result in a negative access count. No-operation is not permitted (dcr = dcw = dce = 0). The provider's geom must have an access method defined (e.g., gp->access). The topology lock has to be held. RETURN VALUES
The g_access() function returns 0 if successful; otherwise an error code is returned. Note that g_access() cannot fail when the arguments dcr, dcw, and dce are less than or equal to 0. EXAMPLES
Create a consumer, attach it to a given provider, gain read access and read first sector. void some_function(struct g_geom *mygeom, struct g_provider *pp) { struct g_consumer *cp; void *ptr; int error; g_topology_assert(); /* Create new consumer on 'mygeom' geom. */ cp = g_new_consumer(mygeom); /* Attach newly created consumer to given provider. */ if (g_attach(cp, pp) != 0) { g_destroy_consumer(cp); return; } /* Open provider for reading through our consumer. */ error = g_access(cp, 1, 0, 0); if (error != 0) { printf("Cannot access provider: %s ", error); g_detach(cp); g_destroy_consumer(cp); return; } /* * Don't hold topology lock while reading. */ g_topology_unlock(); ptr = g_read_data(cp, 0, pp->sectorsize, &error); if (ptr == NULL) printf("Error while reading: %d ", error); /* * Do something useful with data. */ g_topology_lock(); /* Disconnect from provider (release access count). */ g_access(cp, -1, 0, 0); /* Detach from provider. */ g_detach(cp); /* Destroy consumer. */ g_destroy_consumer(cp); } ERRORS
Possible errors: [EPERM] The function is trying to open a provider with an exclusive access count, but it is already open for writing. [EPERM] The function is trying to open a provider for writing, but it is already exclusively open. Any other error that can be returned by the provider's access method. SEE ALSO
geom(4), DECLARE_GEOM_CLASS(9), g_attach(9), g_bio(9), g_consumer(9), g_data(9), g_event(9), g_geom(9), g_provider(9), g_provider_by_name(9), g_wither_geom(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
January 16, 2004 BSD