Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Xargs and
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Xargs and Post 302401988 by clx on Monday 8th of March 2010 12:48:18 PM
Old 03-08-2010
Please test first. and check if this suits you.
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{printf "command "}{printf "\"%s\" ",$0}END{printf "bye"}' file | sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with xargs

Hi there, I am trying to move around 3000 files from one directory to another. The mv command is complaining from too many arguments. I tried to use the xargs command but with no luck. Could some body provide help? Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimJim
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

why we use xargs..

hi , can anyone help me by saying why we use xargs.. is it acing like a place holder..? thanks, Krips. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xargs -P

I discovered that GNU's xargs has a -P option to allow its processes to run in parallel. Great! Is this a GNU thing, or is it supported by other platforms as well? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using xargs

hi i just want to know that how do we use xargs command to find files which are greater than specified memory in a given directory (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit the cool
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in using xargs

Hi, I have a requirement to RCP the files from remote server to local server. Also the RCP has to run in parallel. However using 'xargs' retrives 2 file names during each loop. How do we restrict to only one file name using xargs and loop till remaining files. I use the below code for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil3d
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with xargs

hi Could any one please tell me the option using which we can run multiple commands using xargs I have list of files, I want to run dos2unix and chmod at one shot on them I tried google n searched man pages but couldnt really find the solution , please help right now im doing this ls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilmenhdiratt
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

xargs

Dear all , any suggest on xargs to combine from (1.txt and 2.txt) to output.txt ? thanks a lot. 1.txt 0123 BUM-5M BUM-5M 93490481 63839 0124 BUM-5M BUM-5M 112112 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samoptimus
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with xargs

Using the bash shell I'm trying to either create a command for the command line or a script that will show netstat info for a given process name. Here is an example of what I'm trying to do:$ ps aux |grep catalina |grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' 5132 $ netstat -nlp |grep 5132 (Not all processes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: axiopisty
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs

Hello, I need some help with xargs $ ls aaa bbb ccc ddd$ ls | xargs -I{} ls -la {} -rw-rw-r--. 1 xxx xx 0 May 30 20:04 aaa -rw-rw-r--. 1 xxx xx 0 May 30 20:04 bbb -rw-rw-r--. 1 xxx xx 0 May 30 20:04 ccc -rw-rw-r--. 1 xxx xx 0 May 30 20:04 dddit's possible to have output like this with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xargs

Hi, can anyone tell me in detail ? what the following do in detail ? I am trying to get a largest number in a list Thanks Tao LARGEST=$(echo $* | xargs -n1 | sort -nr | tail -1) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
3 Replies
SDL_JoystickOpen(3)						 SDL API Reference					       SDL_JoystickOpen(3)

NAME
SDL_JoystickOpen- Opens a joystick for use. SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" SDL_Joystick *SDL_JoystickOpen(int index); DESCRIPTION
Opens a joystick for use within SDL. The index refers to the N'th joystick in the system. A joystick must be opened before it game be used. RETURN VALUE
Returns a SDL_Joystick structure on success. NULL on failure. EXAMPLES
SDL_Joystick *joy; // Check for joystick if(SDL_NumJoysticks()>0){ // Open joystick joy=SDL_JoystickOpen(0); if(joy) { printf("Opened Joystick 0 "); printf("Name: %s ", SDL_JoystickName(0)); printf("Number of Axes: %d ", SDL_JoystickNumAxes(joy)); printf("Number of Buttons: %d ", SDL_JoystickNumButtons(joy)); printf("Number of Balls: %d ", SDL_JoystickNumBalls(joy)); } else printf("Couldn't open Joystick 0 "); // Close if opened if(SDL_JoystickOpened(0)) SDL_JoystickClose(joy); } SEE ALSO
SDL_JoystickClose SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 23:00 SDL_JoystickOpen(3)