Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed replacing in vi, / characters in the middle Post 302401943 by Gery on Monday 8th of March 2010 10:34:29 AM
Old 03-08-2010
Thanks for the answers, the former works like a charm:
Code:
%s;e/thesis/pp/zones/zones;d/so162/fix/pp;g

Thanks.

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 03-09-2010 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to insert and delete characters in the middle of file

I have a problem that I want to insert and delete some chars in the middle of a file. fopen() and fdopen() just allow to append at the end. Is there any simple method or existing library that allow these actions? Thanks in advance.:confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivancheung
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to 'sed' the middle line?

Hi, If I have 90 lines and I want to print the 45th line, is there a quick sed command for this? thx. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_jumpin
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

stripping certain characters in at the middle of a string

I am trying to strip out certain characters from a string on both (left & right) sides. For example, line=see@hear|touch, i only want to echo the "hear" part. Well i have tried this approach: line=see@hear|touch templine=${line#*@} #removed "see@" echo ${templine%%\|*} #removed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcoblefias
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Characters

Hi All, I have a file which is delimeted with the character '. i need to replace this character with the same character and also a new line. Can anyone please help me with the tr command for this. Many thanks Karan (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karansachdeva
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on sed replacing special characters

Hello, I have a file with many lines with below format: \abc\\1234 jkl\\567 def\\345 \pqr\\567 \xyz\\234 Here, i need to do 2 things. 1. replace \\ with \ 2. remove starting \ so output to be as below: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing characters

Hi fellow experts, I have a question for you. Data looks like: 00877,05/13/2010,PBO,P,0000708331,518 00877,05/13/2010,PBO,P,0000708331,519 ... ... 00877,05/13/2010,PBO,P,0000708331,2103 00877,05/13/2010,PBO,P,0000708331,2104,etc,etc Basically I have to replace 518,519,2103,2104,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devski123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the middle character from a string using sed

Input: qwertmyuiop It should print "m". What's the command to do this with sed? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacing specific characters and control characters by escaping

sed -e "s// /g" old.txt > new.txt While I do know some control characters need to be escaped, can normal characters also be escaped and still work the same way? Basically I do not know all control characters that have a special meaning, for example, ?, ., % have a meaning and have to be escaped... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustneeda
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing specific characters using sed

Hi, I have a text file which is output from a server and it lists all the files in a specific volume. However, the volume name appears as volume_name:. I would like to replace this with \\volume_name\volume_name. This is not a problem in itself as I can use sed to globally look for the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vnayak
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed to remove spaces from middle of the line

Hi, I need to correct href portion of the lines to edit out spaces from the line starting with position "<a href=" and ending at "target=" Below are 2 examples of extra space added by the server: <td width=251 colspan=9 rowspan=22> <font size=2 face="courier"><tt><style>{font:7pt Courier ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: friedmi
4 Replies
tzmon(7d)							      Devices								 tzmon(7d)

NAME
tzmon - ACPI Thermal Zone Monitor DESCRIPTION
The tzmon is a pseudo driver that serves as an ACPI thermal zone monitor. Thermal zones are logical regions within a computer system for which ACPI performs temperature monitoring and control functions. The number of thermal zones on a system with ACPI support varies. For example, some systems may have one or more thermal zones, while others may have none. See the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface Specification, (ACPI) Version 3.0A. for more details. The tzmon handles thermal Zone events from ACPI and polls the temperature for each zone exposed by the ACPI implementation. If threshold temperatures are reached, tzmon takes appropriate action. For example, if the temperature is sufficiently high and the ACPI implementation supports it, tzmon initiates system shutdown. Note that by default, system temperature control functions are usually performed by the BIOS and may supersede tzmon functions, depending on the BIOS implementation. Also, many ACPI implementations expose no thermal zones and in these cases, tzmon performs no functions. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWckr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86/x64 only | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) Advanced Configuration and Power Interface Specification, (ACPI), Version 3.0A. SunOS 5.11 31 Oct 2006 tzmon(7d)