Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Please help...my HBA's won't configure Post 302401900 by incredible on Monday 8th of March 2010 08:29:32 AM
Old 03-08-2010
Can you please update your kernel patch cluster to the latest first and revert back after that? meantime, I want to know what h/w you're using.. your Solaris 10 release is a kinda weird..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hardware HBA problem

I have worked with Qlogic (Sun) fiber cards a lot and with Emulex fiber cards only a little. Here is the scenario: I have a Sun 490 with 3 Emulex cards in it. A pair are for the 6120 array that is attached, the other is a direct attach so our SAN for Veritas Netbackup to back up the system.I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lm_admin_dh
0 Replies

2. AIX

How to configure a FC HBA in "initiator mode"?

Hi all, I have a p520 machine running 5.2ML9 with a 2Gb FC HBA from IBM, i.e. # lscfg -vl fcs0 fcs0 U787A.001.DNZ06YM-P1-C3-T1 FC Adapter Part Number.................80P4543 EC Level....................A Serial Number...............1F4270A0B6 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bookie
5 Replies

3. Solaris

HBA Card

Hello...I got a problem here. I have HBAs installed in one of the domains in E20 and I gotta find out the brand and firmware. But when I do a prtconf, I cannot see the HBA. For other servers installed with HBAs, when I do prtconf on them I can see either qlc or em. Can you guys enlighten me how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaochensg
5 Replies

4. Solaris

What is an HBA..?

Helo experts What is an HBA? How can i know about that on any server? Thanx in advance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
7 Replies

5. AIX

won't mount /usr...won't boot fully

Hello: NOOB here. I attempted to use smit mkcd. Failed on first attempt, not enough space. 2nd attempt tried to place iso on /usr, not enough space there. Cleanup ran for about 5 minutes after aborting. Now AIX won't boot. LCD display on 7029-6E3 says: 0517 MOUNT /USR. Attempted to boot from CD... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbird
11 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HBA performance

Hope I'm in the right place. I'm in the process of zoning HBA's to my new library environment. Is there a "rule of thumb" for the number of physical tape drives that you zone to an HBA? I don't want to run the risk of overloading an HBA. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Offline HBA.

Hi, I have a HBA that is currently offline for some unknown reason. The device shows up in the prtdiag -v stating it is okay. How can I bring this back online? It was working okay until recently. It is currently connected to the SAN. Details below. # fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
7 Replies

8. Solaris

HBA disappeared after reboot

Hello all I was configuring a SUN 2540 raid and after a reboot the hba`s is gone. There is no longer an entry in etc/path_to_inst for them (2 cards). I tried a reconfigure boot several times but it does not work. The hba`s is a SUN qlogic 2200 in x4240 server (AMD). Using solaris 10 update7.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
6 Replies

9. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies
st_san_safe(5)							     OBSOLETED							    st_san_safe(5)

NAME
st_san_safe - determine whether access to tape device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option is allowed (OBSOLETED) VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values or DESCRIPTION
Note: this tunable is obsoleted and has been renamed to beginning with release HP-UX 11i v3. This tunable notifies the tape driver whether it should allow access to device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option. When this tunable is on the tape driver will fail any open on a tape device special file without the no-rewind-on-close option (that is, or with a status of The tunable allows the safe sharing of tape devices in SAN tape backup solution configurations. The disabling of device special files without no-rewind-on-close in a SAN tape backup solution configuration prevents the accidental sending of a rewind command on close from HP-UX systems via standard tape commands like which would corrupt a backup in process. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on if the system is going to be used in a SAN tape backup solution configuration. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? The tape driver will fail any open to a tape device special file that does not have the no-rewind-on-close option with a status of This behavior prevents the usage of any tape device special file without the no-rewind-on-close option. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? This tunable should be turned off if the system is not part of a SAN tape backup solution configuration or the system utilizes will not function unless it has access to device special files without the no-rewind-on-close option. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? A rewind may be issued from this system accidentally on close possibly corrupting a backup being issued from another system on the SAN. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. SEE ALSO
norewind_close_disabled(5), scsi_tape(7), scsimgr_estape(7). Tunable Kernel Parameters st_san_safe(5)