Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris HP Unix & Sun Solaris on single machine Post 302401889 by pludi on Monday 8th of March 2010 07:42:25 AM
Old 03-08-2010
I highly doubt that's possible, as you only get HP-UX with the hardware, which is Itanium (IA64) based, which isn't supported by Solaris as far as I know.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux 7.3 & Sun Solaris 8 - common account login

is it possible to have an common login account for both linux and Solaris? Having problem in logging into linux, unable to load completely. home directory residue in Solaris 8, export out. No NIS running, only NFS in place. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 7 & 9, Iplannet 4.1 and Sun One Web Server 6.1

Hey all, I was wondering whether anyone could give me any tips. I'm a total newcomer when it comes to Solaris and i need to dothe following: Current System: Solaris 7 running IPlannet 4.1: Upgrade (Preserving current data) to: Solaris 9 running Sun ONE Web Server 6.1 Has anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJD
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 7 & 9, Iplannet 4.1 and Sun ONE web server 6.1

Hey all, I was wondering whether anyone could give me any tips. I'm a total newcomer when it comes to Solaris and i need to dothe following: Current System: Solaris 7 running IPlannet 4.1: Upgrade (Preserving current data) to: Solaris 9 running Sun ONE Web Server 6.1 Has anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AJD
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Sun UNIX Files & Folders listing

Hi guys, i'm new to UNIX and only know a small amout about it, but have just had some changes at work which now require me to interact with and work on SUN Unix systems often. I have reasonable knowledge of PC's but hope that you will be able to help me with these questions. Part1. I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scrat
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How can i Configure TCP Keepalive on sun solaris 9 machine?

I've installed sun solaris 9 and i need to know how can i enable TCP Keepalive to ping socket connections every 300 seconds? Thanks, Mohammed Amin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_amin
1 Replies

6. Solaris

how to change IP of my SUN solaris machine

Hello, I want to change the IP of my SUN solaris machine but i am not bale to find the right way. I tried the following steps: 1) edit /etc/inet/hosts and change IP address for host listed in /etc/hostname.le0 2) ifconfig le0 down 3) ifconfig le0 inet NEW_IP_ADDR netmask + broadcast + ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Career advice: Solaris & SUN support

I'm looking for career advice here. I've been working as a support engineer for Sun partners for 2 years now, and I worked with a lot of servers, tape libraries, and SAN storage. I have also done a lot of server installations and gone to a lot of trainings. Now, I'm offered to do Solaris... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sun Fire
13 Replies

8. Solaris

x86 Sun Machine and Solaris Soft Mirror

Hi everyone, Normally it always easier in Sparc machine, i can set or manually use the boot-device in NVram to boot the mirrored disk. However I have a big trouble about x86 mirror for a long time. I have been doing anything i can: search document, google, ask the others. Recently i did as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun Solaris HBA & Driver identification help

Gents, I am new with Solaris and working on couple of Solaris 8 and 9's. 1. ) I am having issues finding which model of HBA is connected to the host. I got a link to kb qlogic com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/130/10441_f.html But, it is incomplete as read in many places.. Do we have updated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcd.us786
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 1/13 & Sun Fire V490 Server

Hi Solaris/Unix Experts, I've installed Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 on a Sun Fire V490 Server via its external Serial Port using a Cisco Console Cable connected to my Laptop PC running SecureCRT terminal emulation software emulating VT100 Terminal. The Sun Fire V490 server has two on-board... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssabet
1 Replies
strtod(3C)																strtod(3C)

NAME
strtod(), strtof(), strtold(), strtow(), strtoq(), atof() - convert string to floating-point number SYNOPSIS
Itanium(R)-based Systems Only DESCRIPTION
returns, as a double-precision floating-point number, the value represented by the character string pointed to by str. The string is scanned (leading white-space characters as defined by in ctype(3C) are ignored) up to the first unrecognized character. If no conversion can take place, zero is returned. recognizes characters in the following sequence: 1. An optional string of white space characters which are ignored 2. An optional sign and one of the following: 3. A string of digits optionally containing a radix character, followed by an optional or followed by an optional sign or space, followed by an integer 4. One of or ignoring case 5. ignoring case 6. For Itanium-based system only: or then a nonempty sequence of hexadecimal digits optionally containing a radix character, then a or followed by an optional sign or space, followed by a decimal integer The radix character is determined by the loaded environment (see setlocale(3C)). If has not been called successfully, the default environ- ment, "C", is used (see lang(5)). The default environment specifies a period as the radix character. In the hexadecimal form, the optionally signed decimal integer following the or is interpreted as the power of 2 by which the significant part is to be scaled. If the value of ptr is not the variable to which it points is set to point at the character after the last number, if any, that was recog- nized. If no number can be formed, is set to str, and zero is returned. is equivalent to is a version of it returns a result. For PA-RISC and for Itanium-based systems, if the user has defined the result type is declared as a instead of as a The declaration with a is obsolescent. Itanium-based Systems Only is a version of it returns a result. is an version of it returns an result. is equivalent to EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the value of the radix character within the currently loaded environment. APPLICATION USAGE
To use (for Itanium-based systems) or compile with the option. RETURN VALUE
If the correct value would cause overflow, returns (equal to according to the sign of the value, and sets to If the correct value would be nonzero but too small in magnitude to represent as a nonzero then returns zero and sets to For Itanium-based system, also sets to whenever the conversion of its input parameter character string to raises the underflow exception. When the input parameter character string for after the optional white space and sign, is either (case insensitive) or (case insensitive) will return according to the sign indicated by the character string. When the input parameter character string for after the optional white space and sign, is (case insensitive), will return a quiet NaN. On Itanium-based systems, these functions round correctly for hexadecimal input strings, and round correctly for up to 36 significant deci- mal digits, according to the specification in ISO/IEC C99. SEE ALSO
ctype(3C), setlocale(3C), scanf(3S), strtol(3C), lang(5), thread_safety(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
strtod(3C)