Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMF in Solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris SMF in Solaris 10 Post 302401879 by incredible on Monday 8th of March 2010 06:23:22 AM
Old 03-08-2010
Any advise on this? Thanks in advance.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Standalone FTPD within SMF

Hello We are trying to run the WU_FTPD demon in standalone mode (-S argument) via an SMF service. Prior to SMF, this was achieved by simply commenting out the FTP line within the inetd.conf file. However, within SMF, I believe we need to carry out the following activities: i) Remove the FTP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CowsUdders
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Boot problem with SMF svcs-Solaris 10 for x86

Hi All, I am newbie in solaris, please guide me. A week before i installed solaris10 on my x86 system, it was working fine i always used "init 5" to shutdown my system as per my collegue advice. But yesterday when i started my system it gave me following message ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrankhan.in
6 Replies

3. Solaris

smf repository not running

Hi All, I have a Solaris server which runs version 10 After installing the patch , i thought of doing a recongiuration reboot But it failed saying "smf repository not running" what could be the issue. Thanks J (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

4. Solaris

SMF service HELP

I would like to run command whenever system boot up, i.e "/opt/admin/script/closegen -c /opt/share/script/colsehg" How do I integrate above command in to SMF services. -sam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam786
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Chkconfig & SMF

Hi I have been told to migrate linux init scripts to solaris 10. i am reading about the chkconfig & SMF ( I came to know that SMF is used in Sol 10 for service management ). The only thing i could not find out ( Because i dont have root access ) is how the links are created in rcX.d directory? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Can solaris 10 SMF use remote dependencies

I have a customer who wants us to set up their applications to start using the solaris 10 SMF. One of their applications requires that 3 database instances are up and running, but those instances are on 3 separate servers. I can't think of any way that this can be done from what I have read on my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkruck
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 massive SMF log file

I found that there was a SMF log file: /var/svc/log/milestone-multi-user-server:default.log.0 which occupied around 19G bytes. Please help me how to purge this massive file. Can I just use cat /dev/null > /var/svc/log/milesto..... to this file without any interruption to a non-stop system?... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexLi
11 Replies

8. Solaris

SMF in Solaris wont write to stderr/stdout ?

Hi, I got a process (c written) that we usually run this way : EmsChkQu >> /EMS/log/EmsChkQu.log 2>&1 When trying to use it as a service I defined it this way : <?xml version='1.0'?> <!DOCTYPE service_bundle SYSTEM '/usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/service_bundle.dtd.1'> <service_bundle... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
6 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)