Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Please help...my HBA's won't configure Post 302401874 by trickydicky on Monday 8th of March 2010 05:56:42 AM
Old 03-08-2010
The driver is the Sun qlc driver, which I assume is OK as there is one port on each card already in use. Unfortunately fcinfo isn't installed, but the results from "luxadm -e port" show the following:

/devices/pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@2/fp@0,0:devctl CONNECTED
/devices/pci@9,600000/SUNW,qlc@1/fp@0,0:devctl CONNECTED
/devices/pci@9,600000/SUNW,qlc@1,1/fp@0,0:devctl CONNECTED
/devices/pci@9,600000/SUNW,qlc@2/fp@0,0:devctl CONNECTED
/devices/pci@9,600000/SUNW,qlc@2,1/fp@0,0:devctl CONNECTED

Thanks for your responses so far.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hardware HBA problem

I have worked with Qlogic (Sun) fiber cards a lot and with Emulex fiber cards only a little. Here is the scenario: I have a Sun 490 with 3 Emulex cards in it. A pair are for the 6120 array that is attached, the other is a direct attach so our SAN for Veritas Netbackup to back up the system.I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lm_admin_dh
0 Replies

2. AIX

How to configure a FC HBA in "initiator mode"?

Hi all, I have a p520 machine running 5.2ML9 with a 2Gb FC HBA from IBM, i.e. # lscfg -vl fcs0 fcs0 U787A.001.DNZ06YM-P1-C3-T1 FC Adapter Part Number.................80P4543 EC Level....................A Serial Number...............1F4270A0B6 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bookie
5 Replies

3. Solaris

HBA Card

Hello...I got a problem here. I have HBAs installed in one of the domains in E20 and I gotta find out the brand and firmware. But when I do a prtconf, I cannot see the HBA. For other servers installed with HBAs, when I do prtconf on them I can see either qlc or em. Can you guys enlighten me how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaochensg
5 Replies

4. Solaris

What is an HBA..?

Helo experts What is an HBA? How can i know about that on any server? Thanx in advance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
7 Replies

5. AIX

won't mount /usr...won't boot fully

Hello: NOOB here. I attempted to use smit mkcd. Failed on first attempt, not enough space. 2nd attempt tried to place iso on /usr, not enough space there. Cleanup ran for about 5 minutes after aborting. Now AIX won't boot. LCD display on 7029-6E3 says: 0517 MOUNT /USR. Attempted to boot from CD... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbird
11 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HBA performance

Hope I'm in the right place. I'm in the process of zoning HBA's to my new library environment. Is there a "rule of thumb" for the number of physical tape drives that you zone to an HBA? I don't want to run the risk of overloading an HBA. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Offline HBA.

Hi, I have a HBA that is currently offline for some unknown reason. The device shows up in the prtdiag -v stating it is okay. How can I bring this back online? It was working okay until recently. It is currently connected to the SAN. Details below. # fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
7 Replies

8. Solaris

HBA disappeared after reboot

Hello all I was configuring a SUN 2540 raid and after a reboot the hba`s is gone. There is no longer an entry in etc/path_to_inst for them (2 cards). I tried a reconfigure boot several times but it does not work. The hba`s is a SUN qlogic 2200 in x4240 server (AMD). Using solaris 10 update7.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
6 Replies

9. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies
fp(7d)                                                                Devices                                                               fp(7d)

NAME
fp - Sun Fibre Channel port driver DESCRIPTION
The fp driver is a Sun fibre channel nexus driver that enables fibre channel topology discovery, device discovery, fibre channel adapter port management and other capabilities through well-defined fibre channel adapter driver interfaces. The fp driver requires the presence of a fabric name server in fabric and public loop topologies to discover fibre channel devices. In pri- vate loop topologies, the driver discovers devices by performing PLOGI to all valid AL_PAs, provided that devices do not participate in LIRP and LILP stages of loop initialization. CONFIGURATION
The fp driver is configured by defining properties in the fp.conf file. The fp driver supports the following properties: mpxio-disable Solaris I/O multipathing is enabled or disabled on fibre channel devices with the mpxio-disable property. Specifying mpxio-disable="no" activates I/O multipathing, while mpxio-disable="yes" disables the feature. Solaris I/O multipathing may be enabled or disabled on a per port basis. Per port settings override the global setting for the specified ports. The following example shows how to disable multipathing on port 0 whose parent is /pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@4: name="fp" parent="/pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@4" port=0 mpxio-disable="yes"; manual_configuration_only Automatic configuration of SCSI devices in the fabric is enabled by default and thus allows all devices discovered in the SAN zone to be enumerated in the kernel's device tree automatically. The manual_configuration_only property may be configured to disable the default behavior and force the manual configuration of the devices in the SAN. Specifying manual_configuration_only=1 disables the automatic con- figuration of devices. FILES
/kernel/drv/fp 32-bit ELF kernel driver (x86) /kernel/drv/amd64/fp 64-bit ELF kernel driver (x86) /kernel/drv/sparcv9/fp 64-bit ELF kernel driver (SPARC) /kernel/drv/fp.conf fp driver configuration file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |mpxio-disable |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |manual_configuration_only |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfctl | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cfgadm_fp(1M), prtconf(1M), stmsboot(1M), driver.conf(4), attributes(5), fcp(7D), fctl(7D), scsi_vhci(7D) Writing Device Drivers Fibre Channel Physical and Signaling Interface (FC-PH) ANSI X3.230: 1994 Fibre Channel Generic Services (FC-GS-2) Project 1134-D Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) ANSI X3.272-1996 Fibre Channel Protocol for SCSI (FCP) ANSI X3.269-1996 SCSI-3 Architecture Model (SAM) Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) ANSI X3.270-1996 SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) ANSI X3.270-1996 SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) NCITS TR-19:1998 Fabric Loop Attachment (FC-FLA), NCITS TR-20:1998 SunOS 5.10 2 Dec 2004 fp(7d)