Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP Command inside If condition Post 302401849 by aryan_styles on Monday 8th of March 2010 04:23:14 AM
Old 03-08-2010
Hi All,

Thanks for your help. i have got the solution. Actually there was some space just before the FTP command due to which it was not working.

Thanks
Aryan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking condition inside the loop

Hi all, I have one clarification i am using the loop which will process for each record .suppose there is f ailure in the first record it need to send mail and process the next .my code: defcount=`cat <filename>|wc -l` while ] do if <some condiotion> then echo "mail" fi done so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ithirak17
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

condition inside a for loop

I have a for loop in my script as shown below. for file_path in $file_list ; do ........my code .......... ...... done Can i restrict the number of files parsing to the variable file_path as 50? That is, even if I have some 100 files in file_list, I need to take only 50 files for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay06
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition inside while???

Hi source is text file named alpha.text containing entries ABC DEF XYZ YYY BBB I need a small shell script which should do read the entries in alpha.text one by one and check it with the current date. If the date is Mon (monday) and entry read from the file is 'DEF' then this should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep inside if condition - need help

hi i need help with below code. if ] then log "Exiting the script as ID= NULL" log "Please run script first." fi i am calling grep inside this but its not running any ideas why ?? input file is like this -- Msg 102, Level 20, State 1: Server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while using sqlplus command inside 'if' condition in an unix shell script

Hi all, I am using the below given sqlplus command in my unix script to invoke a stored procedure which returns a value .It works fine. RET_CODE=$(/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0.4.CL/bin/sqlplus -S $USER/$PASSWD@$DB_NAME <<EOF EXEC MY_PKG.MY_SP (:COUNT); PRINT COUNT; commit; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check condition inside the loop

Hi, I am in trouble. I can get inside my condition test inside a loop : I am in ksh (solaris) while read file do <commande to retrieve file> >> ${LOG_RETRIEVE_FILE.log} msg_err=$(cat ${LOG_RETRIEVE_FILE.log} | grep "error retrieve") if ; then <sendmail> exit 1 fi done I tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout echo command in condition A run in condition B

hi, I have some problems in my simple script about the redirect echo stdout command inside a condition. Why is the echo command inside the elif still execute in the else command Here are my simple script After check on the two diff output the echo stdout redirect is present in two diff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use chmod command inside ftp block?

hi, i want to use chmod command inside ftp. so that what ever files are transfered to the local server will hav 664 permission. if i use chmod inside ftp , the file permissions gets changed in the remote server and when the file is transffered to local server using get command, it does not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of a command inside ftp block?

hi, i am using ftp to get files from remote server. inside the ftp i want to us ls -ltr command and send the output of it to a file. ftp -n remote_server <<_FTP quote USER username quote PASS password prompt noprompt pwd ls -ltr get s1.txt bye _FTP i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If else condition inside for loop of awk command in UNIX shell scripting

Hi , Please excuse me for opening a new thread i am unable to find out the syntax error in my if else condition inside for loop in awk command , my actual aim is to print formatted html td tag when if condition (True) having string as "failed", could anyone please advise what is the right... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
2 Replies
ftpshut(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       ftpshut(1M)

NAME
ftpshut - close down the FTP Servers at a given time SYNOPSIS
ftpshut [-V] [-v] [-l min] [-d min] time [warning-message...] DESCRIPTION
The ftpshut command provides an automated shutdown procedure that the superuser can use to notify FTP users when the FTP Server is shutting down. Ten minutes before shutdown, or immediately if the value of time is less than ten minutes, any new FTP Server connections will be disabled. You may adjust the shutdown of new FTP Server connections by means of the -l option. Five minutes before shutdown, or immediately if the value of time is less than five minutes, all current FTP connections will be discon- nected. You may adjust the shutdown of current FTP connections by means of the -d option. The ftpshut command creates shutdown message files that the FTP Server uses to determine when to shutdown. Separate shutdown message files are created in the anonymous and virtual host FTP Server areas, in addition to the system wide shutdown message file. Once the shutdown occurs, the server continues to refuse connections until the appropriate shutdown message file is removed. This normally is done by using the ftprestart(1M) command. The location of the shutdown message file is specified by the shutdown capability in the ftpaccess file. The following magic cookies are available: %s The time system is going to shut down. %r The time new connections will be denied. %d The time current connections will be dropped. %C The current working directory. %E The maintainer's email address as defined in the ftpaccess file. %F The free space in the partition of CWD, in kilobytes. %L The local host name. %M The maximum allowed number of users in this class. %N The current number of users in this class. %R The remote host name. %T The local time (form Thu Nov 15 17:12:42 1990). %U The username given at login time. OPTIONS
The ftpshut command supports the following options: -V Display program copyright and version information, then terminate. -d min The time ahead of shutdown, in minutes, that existing connections will be disconnected upon completion of their current or next (if idle) FTP request. -l min The time ahead of shutdown, in minutes, that new connections will be refused. -v Verbose. Output the pathname of the shutdown message files created. OPERANDS
The ftpshut command supports the following operands: time The time at which ftpshut will bring the FTP Servers down. time can have a value of now, which indicates an immedi- ate shutdown. Alternatively, time can specify a future time in one of two formats: +number or HHMM. The first form brings the FTP Server down in number minutes. The second brings the FTP Server down at the time of day indicated, using a 24-hour clock format. When using the absolute time format, you can only specify times between now and 23:59. warning-message The message to display that warns of the imminent shutdown. The warning-message will be formatted at 70 characters wide. ftpshut knows the actual string length of the magic cookies. If no warning-message is supplied, the default message "System shutdown at %s" is used. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpaccess /etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
in.ftpd(1M), ftprestart(1M), shutdown(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpservers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpshut(1M)