Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP Command inside If condition Post 302401845 by devtakh on Monday 8th of March 2010 04:13:26 AM
Old 03-08-2010
Make sure there are no spaces before the last EOF.
Perhapes, you can write a function for the ftp and then call that function from the IF loop.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking condition inside the loop

Hi all, I have one clarification i am using the loop which will process for each record .suppose there is f ailure in the first record it need to send mail and process the next .my code: defcount=`cat <filename>|wc -l` while ] do if <some condiotion> then echo "mail" fi done so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ithirak17
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

condition inside a for loop

I have a for loop in my script as shown below. for file_path in $file_list ; do ........my code .......... ...... done Can i restrict the number of files parsing to the variable file_path as 50? That is, even if I have some 100 files in file_list, I need to take only 50 files for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay06
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition inside while???

Hi source is text file named alpha.text containing entries ABC DEF XYZ YYY BBB I need a small shell script which should do read the entries in alpha.text one by one and check it with the current date. If the date is Mon (monday) and entry read from the file is 'DEF' then this should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep inside if condition - need help

hi i need help with below code. if ] then log "Exiting the script as ID= NULL" log "Please run script first." fi i am calling grep inside this but its not running any ideas why ?? input file is like this -- Msg 102, Level 20, State 1: Server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while using sqlplus command inside 'if' condition in an unix shell script

Hi all, I am using the below given sqlplus command in my unix script to invoke a stored procedure which returns a value .It works fine. RET_CODE=$(/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0.4.CL/bin/sqlplus -S $USER/$PASSWD@$DB_NAME <<EOF EXEC MY_PKG.MY_SP (:COUNT); PRINT COUNT; commit; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check condition inside the loop

Hi, I am in trouble. I can get inside my condition test inside a loop : I am in ksh (solaris) while read file do <commande to retrieve file> >> ${LOG_RETRIEVE_FILE.log} msg_err=$(cat ${LOG_RETRIEVE_FILE.log} | grep "error retrieve") if ; then <sendmail> exit 1 fi done I tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout echo command in condition A run in condition B

hi, I have some problems in my simple script about the redirect echo stdout command inside a condition. Why is the echo command inside the elif still execute in the else command Here are my simple script After check on the two diff output the echo stdout redirect is present in two diff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use chmod command inside ftp block?

hi, i want to use chmod command inside ftp. so that what ever files are transfered to the local server will hav 664 permission. if i use chmod inside ftp , the file permissions gets changed in the remote server and when the file is transffered to local server using get command, it does not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of a command inside ftp block?

hi, i am using ftp to get files from remote server. inside the ftp i want to us ls -ltr command and send the output of it to a file. ftp -n remote_server <<_FTP quote USER username quote PASS password prompt noprompt pwd ls -ltr get s1.txt bye _FTP i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If else condition inside for loop of awk command in UNIX shell scripting

Hi , Please excuse me for opening a new thread i am unable to find out the syntax error in my if else condition inside for loop in awk command , my actual aim is to print formatted html td tag when if condition (True) having string as "failed", could anyone please advise what is the right... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
2 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)