Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reuse Variable..
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reuse Variable.. Post 302401844 by aimy on Monday 8th of March 2010 04:13:05 AM
Old 03-08-2010
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchal_khare
you want to repeat the task with 3 cvs then you can use a loop too..

Code:
for CV in CV000 CV09
do
 file_name="CP99978_${CV}.TXT"  ## no need of command substitution here 
 ## do sqlldr part..or other stuffs.
done

just for info:
Code:
cv="$(echo "CV000")"

is equivalent to
Code:
cv="CV000"

Thank you so much!!

Finally, a great command generalization.. Smilie

But anyway, I still curious, why if we set it normally, that $file_name variable won't take the latest value assigned to the $cv? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reuse same major number

Hi, I am working on device drivers.Once If register a device i'll get one major no. If i unregister and register again i'll get a different major no.What i have to do to get same major no. each time :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agnello
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Password reuse utility

Does anyone know of a password reuse utility for Solaris 7 or 8? Security people are telling me that I need one. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtoba
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Reuse disk from other HP-UX

Hello, I have 2 hp-ux both running 11.23, I have move one of a harddisk from "UNIX A" to "UNIX B", so how can I read back the data in "UNIX B"? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zetadhell
5 Replies

4. Linux

suggest some ideas for reuse

hi can you all help me to develop anything in unix that could be reused. any module or application could be helpful (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reuse argument from current command?

I'm currently using zsh. Sometimes I find myself wishing to reuse an argument from earlier in the command. I know that I can, of course, assign an argument to a variable ahead of time, and then easily use that variable more than once. I know about the ability to reuse arguments from previous... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marshaul
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to declare variables once and reuse them in other scripts?

Hello everyone. I'm trying to create a conf file with variables that my other scripts will use. I have several scripts that use the same variables, and since I don't know how to read them from an external file, i define them in each script (and then if i want to change one's value i need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshe88
4 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Reuse a LUN

I have a LUN (From HP-Storage VA7110) that is claimed on 2 servers, but is in used in one of the VG on Server-1 . Now I want to shut Server-1 and re-use that LUN on server-2 . Server-1 Path-1 : /dev/rdsk/c4t0d1 Path-2: /dev/rdsk/c6t0d1 Server-2 Path-1: /dev/rdsk/c5t0d1 Path-2:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reuse values in Shell script

Hi I am trying to write a shell script and wanted to re-use the value which I have entered already. Here is the sample code. echo "Enter Value : \c" ; read val echo "Enter number: $val\c" ; read num Now I wanted to change the value as showing in 2nd Line or if I will use enter, it... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: SushilAnand
15 Replies

9. Solaris

Reuse old/configured server for new purpose problems.

Greetings. First of all I consider myself a newbe in Linux, that's why I'm seeking your help so please be patient! I was given an old server (Solaris) that has Oracle (10.2.0) installed with a few databases. I'm supposed to reuse this server for this new application which will process data... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
11 Replies

10. Programming

Reuse format strings

I have a collection of format strings for sscanf, such as "%02d%*1s%02d%*1s%02d" to read in certain formatted strings, such as dates, times, etc. I wonder if there is a way to use them in printf without some changes? The example above would not work - at least I can't think of any ways to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
4 Replies
GET_MAGIC_QUOTES_GPC(3) 						 1						   GET_MAGIC_QUOTES_GPC(3)

get_magic_quotes_gpc - Gets the current configuration setting of magic_quotes_gpc

SYNOPSIS
bool get_magic_quotes_gpc (void ) DESCRIPTION
Returns the current configuration setting of magic_quotes_gpc Keep in mind that attempting to set magic_quotes_gpc at runtime will not work. For more information about magic_quotes, see this security section. RETURN VALUES
Returns 0 if magic_quotes_gpc is off, 1 otherwise. Or always returns FALSE as of PHP 5.4.0. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | Always returns FALSE because the magic quotes | | | feature was removed from PHP. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 get_magic_quotes_gpc(3) example <?php // If magic quotes are enabled echo $_POST['lastname']; // O'reilly echo addslashes($_POST['lastname']); // O\'reilly // Usage across all PHP versions if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) { $lastname = stripslashes($_POST['lastname']); } else { $lastname = $_POST['lastname']; } // If using MySQL $lastname = mysql_real_escape_string($lastname); echo $lastname; // O'reilly $sql = "INSERT INTO lastnames (lastname) VALUES ('$lastname')"; ?> NOTES
Note If the directive magic_quotes_sybase is ON it will completely override magic_quotes_gpc. So even when get_magic_quotes_gpc(3) returns TRUE neither double quotes, backslashes or NUL's will be escaped. Only single quotes will be escaped. In this case they'll look like: '' SEE ALSO
addslashes(3), stripslashes(3), get_magic_quotes_runtime(3), ini_get(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_MAGIC_QUOTES_GPC(3)