Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to create one newfile and wants include some lines based on user request Post 302401806 by sridhusha on Monday 8th of March 2010 02:21:35 AM
Old 03-08-2010
Thanks Karthigayan,

Your solution working perfectly.

-Sri

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Include lines within a script

I want to add lines in my script dynamically. My script: ... echo addscript end addscript ... Lines to add: (can be put in a file and can be added) cp /opt/script1.sh opt/script1_org.sh sed 's/testusr/'${FUNCTID}'/g' /opt/script1.sh > ./tmpfile mv ./tmpfile /opt/script1.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
1 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

3. Programming

Creating a web based id request form

Please pardon my ignorance, but I need to create a web-based form which can be used to request access to the unix servers in our environment. It just needs to have input fields for basic info (name, dept., etc.), and perhaps a drop-down box with the names of the servers. The form will be submitted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjssj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a dummy file in all directories that include a .jpg

Hello. My latest project has me with the need for the following script. Basically, any directory that includes a .jpg file needs to also have a ".picture" file created (if it doesn't exist). Here's an example of what I need. /mnt/user/Pictures/2011/Hawaii - 2011/.picture... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davinator
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Request] Copying a file with cp except for the last one or two lines.

Hi folks! I'm new to the unix-side of the world! ;) and I'm trying to learn as much as possible the good stuff that's in it! So.. here comes the point.. as you can see in the title, I need to copy a file but truncating it so that last 1-2 lines are not copied... any suggests from the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: WideMind
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to search file based off user input then create new file

In the below bash a file is downloaded when the program is opened and then that file is searched based on user input and the result is written to a new file. For example, the bash is opened and the download.txt is downloaded, the user then enters the id (NA04520). The id is used to search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to capture logs based on REQUEST iD

Hi All, I am a newbie, I am looking for a script that can capture logs based on a request id and store it in tmp folder Log files looks like this" - 2015-07-08 10:59:17,100 INFO RequestId -> 923559008 Inside test method - 2015-07-08 10:59:17,100 INFO RequestId -> 923559008 End of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsingh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include menu based options in Shell script?

Hi Friends, I have a menu based tool which requires input/option to proceed further. How to make a shell script ? eg: menu looks like Get_data.sh to continue (y/n) : Here I need to key in "y" to proceed. I want to prepare a script which should consider option y. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automaticaly create function based off user input

I am trying to create a bash script that will create new function by using the user input. The below will create the necessary files in the correct format, however when it comes to the # create function I am at a loss. If the name entered was NEWNAME and the genes were GENE1,GENE2 then two files... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create separate files but not include specific field in output

I am trying to use awk to create (in this example) 3 seperate text file from the unique id in $1 in file, if it starts with the pattern aa. The contents of each row is used to populate each text file except for $1 which is not needed. It seems I am close but not quite get there. Thank you :). ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
sptsvx.f(3)							      LAPACK							       sptsvx.f(3)

NAME
sptsvx.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine sptsvx (FACT, N, NRHS, D, E, DF, EF, B, LDB, X, LDX, RCOND, FERR, BERR, WORK, INFO) SPTSVX Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine sptsvx (characterFACT, integerN, integerNRHS, real, dimension( * )D, real, dimension( * )E, real, dimension( * )DF, real, dimension( * )EF, real, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, real, dimension( ldx, * )X, integerLDX, realRCOND, real, dimension( * )FERR, real, dimension( * )BERR, real, dimension( * )WORK, integerINFO) SPTSVX Purpose: SPTSVX uses the factorization A = L*D*L**T to compute the solution to a real system of linear equations A*X = B, where A is an N-by-N symmetric positive definite tridiagonal matrix and X and B are N-by-NRHS matrices. Error bounds on the solution and a condition estimate are also provided. Description: The following steps are performed: 1. If FACT = 'N', the matrix A is factored as A = L*D*L**T, where L is a unit lower bidiagonal matrix and D is diagonal. The factorization can also be regarded as having the form A = U**T*D*U. 2. If the leading i-by-i principal minor is not positive definite, then the routine returns with INFO = i. Otherwise, the factored form of A is used to estimate the condition number of the matrix A. If the reciprocal of the condition number is less than machine precision, INFO = N+1 is returned as a warning, but the routine still goes on to solve for X and compute error bounds as described below. 3. The system of equations is solved for X using the factored form of A. 4. Iterative refinement is applied to improve the computed solution matrix and calculate error bounds and backward error estimates for it. Parameters: FACT FACT is CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether or not the factored form of A has been supplied on entry. = 'F': On entry, DF and EF contain the factored form of A. D, E, DF, and EF will not be modified. = 'N': The matrix A will be copied to DF and EF and factored. N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. D D is REAL array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. E E is REAL array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. DF DF is REAL array, dimension (N) If FACT = 'F', then DF is an input argument and on entry contains the n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the L*D*L**T factorization of A. If FACT = 'N', then DF is an output argument and on exit contains the n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the L*D*L**T factorization of A. EF EF is REAL array, dimension (N-1) If FACT = 'F', then EF is an input argument and on entry contains the (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the unit bidiagonal factor L from the L*D*L**T factorization of A. If FACT = 'N', then EF is an output argument and on exit contains the (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the unit bidiagonal factor L from the L*D*L**T factorization of A. B B is REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The N-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X X is REAL array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) If INFO = 0 of INFO = N+1, the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. LDX LDX is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). RCOND RCOND is REAL The reciprocal condition number of the matrix A. If RCOND is less than the machine precision (in particular, if RCOND = 0), the matrix is singular to working precision. This condition is indicated by a return code of INFO > 0. FERR FERR is REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). BERR BERR is REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK WORK is REAL array, dimension (2*N) INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value > 0: if INFO = i, and i is <= N: the leading minor of order i of A is not positive definite, so the factorization could not be completed, and the solution has not been computed. RCOND = 0 is returned. = N+1: U is nonsingular, but RCOND is less than machine precision, meaning that the matrix is singular to working precision. Nevertheless, the solution and error bounds are computed because there are a number of situations where the computed solution can be more accurate than the value of RCOND would suggest. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: April 2012 Definition at line 228 of file sptsvx.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 sptsvx.f(3)