Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting particular string in a file and storing matched string in output file Post 302401775 by sushmab82 on Monday 8th of March 2010 01:13:12 AM
Old 03-08-2010
Extracting particular string in a file and storing matched string in output file

Hi ,
I have input file and i want to extract below strings

<msisdn xmlns="">0492001956</ msisdn> => numaber inside brackets
<resCode>3000</resCode> => 3000 needs to be extracted
<resMessage>Request time
getBalances_PSM.c(37): d out</resMessage></ns2:getBalancesResponse> => the word Request timed out needs to be extarcted

Input file

Code:
getBalances_PSM.c(37):     D><msisdn xmlns="">0492001956</msisdn><counterListFlag xmlns="">0</counterListFlag></getBa
getBalances_PSM.c(37):     lances></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

getBalances_PSM.c(37): t=169119ms: 342-byte response body for "https://10.144.0.53/apc/webservices/customeraccount" (RelFrameId=1, Internal ID=2)
getBalances_PSM.c(37):     <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Body><ns2:getB
getBalances_PSM.c(37):     alancesResponse xmlns:ns2="http://www.al.com/apc/generated/services/customeraccount"><bund
getBalances_PSM.c(37):     leList/><accountLocation></accountLocation><resCode>3000</resCode><resMessage>Request time
getBalances_PSM.c(37):     d out</resMessage></ns2:getBalancesResponse></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

Outputfile: It should be like

Code:
0492001956|3000|Requests Timed out

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, grep, awk, regex -- extracting a matched substring from a file/string

Ok, I'm stumped and can't seem to find relevant info. (I'm not even sure, I might have asked something similar before.): I'm trying to use shell scripting/UNIX commands to extract URLs from a fairly large web page, with a view to ultimately wrapping this in PHP with exec() and including the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from one file and searching the same string in other files

Hi, Need to extract a string from one file and search the same in other files. Ex: I have file1 of hundred lines with no delimiters not even space. I have 3 more files. I should get 1 to 10 characters say substring from each line of file1 and search that string in rest of the files and get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohancrr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

save every line in log file with matched string

i have been doing this script to match every line in a current log file (access_log) with strings that i list from a path (consist of 100 of user's name ex: meggae ).. and then make a directory of every string from the text file (/path/meggae/) --->if it matched.. then print every line from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meggae
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output text from 1st paragraph in file w/ a specific string through last paragraph of file w/ string

Hi, I'm trying to output all text from the first paragraph in a file that contains a specific string through the last paragraph in that file that contains that string. Previously, I was outputting just each paragraph with that search string with: cat in_file | nawk '{RS=""; FS="\n";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carpenn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commenting a line matched with a specific string in a file

Hi, I would like to comment a line that matched a string "sreenivas" in a file without opening it. Thanks in advance. Regards, Sreenivas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for Pattern as output between the matched String

Hello, I have a file which has the below contents : VG_name LV_name LV_size in MB LV_option LV_mountpoint owner group y testdg rahul2lv 10 "-A y -L" /home/abc2 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string inside a pattern matched block of a file

How to grep for searching a string within a begin and end pattern of a file. Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Baishali
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a user input string after matched string in file

i am having file like this #!/bin/bash read -p 'Username: ' uservar match='<color="red" />' text='this is only a test so please be patient <color="red" />' echo "$text" | sed "s/$match/&$uservar\g" so desireble output what i want is if user type MARIA this is only a test so please... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding specific string in file and storing in another file

Text in input file is like this <title> <band height="21" isSplitAllowed="true" > <staticText> <reportElement x="1" y="1" width="313" height="20" key="staticText-1"/> <box></box> <textElement> <font fontName="Arial" pdfFontName="Helvetica-Bold"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aankita30
4 Replies
spottopgm(1L)															     spottopgm(1L)

NAME
spottopgm - convert SPOT satellite images to Portable Greymap format SYNTAX
spottopgm [-1|2|3] [Firstcol Firstline Lastcol Lastline] inputfile OPTIONS
-1|2|3 Extract the given colour from the SPOT image. The colours are infra-red, visible light and ultra-violet, although I don't know which corresponds to which number. If the image is in colour, this will be announced on standard error. The default colour is 1. Firstcol Firstline Lastcol Lastline Extract the specified rectangle from the SPOT image. Most SPOT images are 3000 lines long and 3000 or more columns wide. Unfortu- nately the SPOT format only gives the width and not the length. The width is printed on standard error. The default rectangle is the width of the input image by 3000 lines. DESCRIPTION
Spottopgm converts the named inputfile into Portable Greymap format, defaulting to the first color and the whole SPOT image unless speci- fied by the options. INSTALLATION
You must edit the source program and either define BIG_ENDIAN or LITTLE_ENDIAN, and fix the typedefs for uint32_t, uint16_t and uint8_t appropriately. BUGS
Currently spottopgm doesn't determine the length of the input file; this would involve two passes over the input file. It defaults to 3000 lines instead. Spottopgm could extract a three-color image (ppm), but I didn't feel like making the program more complicated than it is now. Besides, there is no one-to-one correspondence between red, green, blue and infra-red, visible and ultra-violet. I've only had a limited number of SPOT images to play with, and therefore wouldn't guarantee that this will work on any other images. AUTHOR
Warren Toomey wkt@csadfa.cs.adfa.oz.au SEE ALSO
The rest of the Pbmplus suite. spottopgm(1L)