Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Added new line before a specific pattern problem asking Post 302401750 by devtakh on Sunday 7th of March 2010 11:59:07 PM
Old 03-08-2010
Sed:

Code:
sed  '/pattern/{N;s/^/\n/}' filename

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge columns into one line after a specific pattern

Hi all, im a linux newbie, plz help! I have a file - box -------- Fox-2 -------- UF29 zip42 -------- zf-CW SNF2_N Heli_Z -------- Fox -------- Kel_1 box (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific line if the search pattern is found

Hi, I need to extract <APPNUMBER> tag alone, if the <college> haas IIT Chennai value. college tag value will have spaces embedded. Those spaces should not be suppresses. My Source file <Record><sno>1</sno><empid>E0001</empid><name>Rejsh suderam</name><college>IIT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
3 Replies

3. Programming

Print specific pattern line in c++

Input file: @HWI-BRUNOP1_header_1 GACCAATAAGTGATGATTGAATCGCGAGTGCTCGGCAGATTGCGATAAAC +HWI-BRUNOP1_header_1 TNTTJTTTETceJSP__VRJea`_NfcefbWe Desired output file: >HWI-BRUNOP1_header_1 GACCAATAAGTGATGATTGAATCGCGAGTGCTCGGCAGATTGCGATAAAC >HWI-BRUNOP1_header_2... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Pattern-Specific Actions in awk

Hi i am in learning phase of unix i am able to understand basic of awk but not able to understand Pattern-Specific Actions in awk below is the snippet . awk ' / *\$*\. */ { print $1,$2,$3,"*"; } / *\$0\. */ { print ; } ' fruit_prices.txthere i am not getting the use of wild card. what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in line below specific pattern?

Hi, I'm trying to replace a string with sed, in a text file containing this pattern: location alpha value x location beta value y location gamma value y location delta value y location theta value z ... What I want to achieve is: Find location beta into text file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TECK
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the line with specific pattern

Hello All I'm trying to change one string from a file contening this patern: xxxx-xxxx 4 numbers - end 4 other numbers This is a sample of the file: LDR 00679 am a2200205 4500 =001 3617 =008 030219s2000\\\\xxx|||||\||||\00|\0\spa\d =020 \\$a0211-1942 =041 \\$aCastellà =093 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines that contain a pattern from specific line to the end.

Gents, I am trying to delete all lines which start with "H" character, but keeping the fist header. Example In the input file I will delete all lines starting from line 8 which contents character "H" to the end of the file. I try sed '8,10000{/^H/d;}' file But as don't know the end... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiam912
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep pattern after specific line number in a file

Hi guys, I am running a while loop in a script ro read a file line by line. Now I want to run a grep only on the lines below the line I am that is being read by the while loop. Eg: If my while loop is on line 4 of the file, the grep only runs below line 4 and does not include line 1,2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to cut a specific pattern from a line

Hello, I need to cut a specific pattern from a line irrespecitve of knowing field place. I am aware to cut field if you know the place of the field, but for me The sting place varies. 1468129514436,0,something_error,Non HTTP response code: java.net.URISyntaxException,Non HTTP response... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
5 Replies
GUPNP_SERVICE_NOTIFY(3) 						 1						   GUPNP_SERVICE_NOTIFY(3)

gupnp_service_notify - Notifies listening clients

SYNOPSIS
bool gupnp_service_notify (resource $service, string $name, int $type, mixed $value) DESCRIPTION
Notifies listening clients that the property have changed to the specified values. PARAMETERS
o $service - A service identifier. o $name - The name of the variable. o $type - The type of the variable. Type can be one of the following values: o GUPNP_TYPE_BOOLEAN - Type of the variable is boolean. o GUPNP_TYPE_INT - Type of the variable is integer. o GUPNP_TYPE_LONG - Type of the variable is long. o GUPNP_TYPE_DOUBLE - Type of the variable is double. o GUPNP_TYPE_FLOAT - Type of the variable is float. o GUPNP_TYPE_STRING - Type of the variable is string. o $value - The value of the variable. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Issues E_WARNING with either not correctly defined type of the variable or the value is not corresponding to the defined type. SEE ALSO
gupnp_service_freeze_notify(3), gupnp_service_thaw_notify(3). PHP Documentation Group GUPNP_SERVICE_NOTIFY(3)