Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: jumpstart install clusters
Operating Systems Solaris jumpstart install clusters Post 302401670 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 7th of March 2010 09:42:20 AM
Old 03-07-2010
use "jet" from sun and configure jumpstart with the provided templates. you can easily install a full cluster and uninstall unneeded metapackes or packages.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun Sparc 20 Jumpstart install :(

Hello, I'm having all kinds of trouble jumpstarting some SS20's. After hunting around the newsgroups I find that this seems to be a fairly common problem with no real answer. Here's a brief: SS20, 50mhz, 256mb blah blah. - Client E250 blah blah - J/start server. 10/100bt Network.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
4 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

question about clusters

hello all...first off let me say hi and im really glad to be apart of this community....tried to join awhile back but i couldnt for some reason im a highschool student and im eager to learn and what im trying to learn now is clusters i have 3 computers in my room all connected on a simple hub ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hexadecimal0011
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Using JumpStart to Install LDoms1.1

I am trying to automate the LDoms installtion using the JumpStart server. In the "finish" script I have the following to do LDoms installtion: ROOT=/a JUMP=${ROOT}/jump mkdir ${JUMP} mount 172.25.135.11:/jumpstart ${JUMP} # Install LDoms 1.1 cp ${JUMP}/Packages/LDoms_Manager-1_1.zip... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
19 Replies

4. Solaris

Jumpstart with ZFS root install

Has anyone tried Jumpstart with installing a ZFS root pool? I have read the docs (Custom Jumpstart and Advanced Install Guide(doc:821-1911);Network-Based Installations(doc:821-1909)). My issue is that I get prompted for information each time I boot the client system. My goal is to get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris jumpstart install server

I am attempting to install Solaris 10, on a SPARC platform, from a Solaris install server running under Oracle Virtual Box (x86 platform) solarisbox1 is server with IP 10.1.1.21 solarisbox2 is client with IP 10.1.1.60 Snoop gives me the following .. solarisbox1 -> (broadcast) ARP C who is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robs2015
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to install an JumpStart Server on Solaris 11.3?

Hey Guys, i'm trying to install and configure a jumpstart server on a solaris 11.3 x86 based system. I've already created the folders to install the server. I've tried to use the installation script as follow (i'm root on the system): ./setup_install_server /export/jumpstart Everything works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcusg562
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Issue with jumpstart install

I've followed a few guides and have what appears to be a working jumpstart server. I can PXE boot a bare system, it gets an IP and launches the installer. However, it takes me to the screen: SunOS Release 5.10 Version generic-147148-26 64 bit Copyright (c) 1983, 2013, Oracle and/or its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jnojr
1 Replies
cdsclerk(1m)															      cdsclerk(1m)

NAME
cdsclerk - Manages the interface between clients and the CDS server SYNOPSIS
cdsclerk [-D] [-w route] OPTIONS
For debugging use only. Causes the cdsadv clerk process not to fork. Routes serviceability messages. DESCRIPTION
The cdsclerk command manages the interface between clients and the CDS server. Privilege Required You must log in as superuser (root). NOTES
This command is used by the advertiser on the system where the CDS clerk is running. You should use this command interactively only to do diagnostic work on the host system. EXAMPLE
Before you run the following process, make sure that other clerks are not running. To start the cdsclerk process, follow these steps: Make sure that a CDS server is already running somewhere within the cell. Log in to the system as superuser (root). Log in to DCE as the machine principal of the local host. Enter the principal name in the format /hosts/hostname/self as shown in the following example command for a host named orion whose password is smith: # dce_login hosts/orion/self smith Enter the following command to see if the dced process is already running: # ps If the dced process appears on the list of active processes, proceed to step 5. If the dced process does not appear on the list of active processes, enter the following command to start the process: # dced Enter the following command to start the cdsadv process: # cdsadv Enter the following command with the appropriate arguments to start the cdsclerk process: # cdsclerk RELATED INFORMATION
Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide cdsclerk(1m)