Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help awking a 'head -1 file.txt' input Post 302401557 by tmf33uk on Saturday 6th of March 2010 09:06:01 PM
Old 03-06-2010
Hi vgersh99,

your suggestion worked, thanks.

I would never have guessed it cos I canīt see why I have to define and use another variable to compare values when pthread was already defined....I have so much to learn yet.. Smilie/

Thanks again!
T.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to input .txt file into .xls spreadsheet

I need to take the totals from my script and input them into a excel spreadsheet. Right now, I just copy and paste. Is there an easier way? 3906 is the total jobs in ABEND state 4005 is the total jobs in SUCC state 1050 is the total jobs in HOLD state (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wereyou
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary txt file received when i use uuencode to send txt file as attachment

Hi, I have already read a lot of posts on sending attachments in unix...but none of them were of help for my problem...so here goes.. i wanna attach a text file and send to a mail id..used the following code : uuencode "$File1" "$File1" ;|mail -s "$Mail_sub" abc@abc.com it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash22
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file redirect in output path and want name as inputfilename_new.txt

not required this time (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep_Malik
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat vs head vs readline get variable from txt file

I have a file with a single filename in it, which I want to assign to a BASH variable, so I've been trying: c=$(head -1 somefile) echo $c which outputs correctly, but them when I do ... somecommand $c it says it can't find the file, is that because it's grabbing the whole line, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the input from user and save it as .txt file

Hi friends, I am pretty new to shell scripting, please help me in this Scenario. for example, If I have one file called input.txt once I run the script, 1.It has to delete the old input.txt and create the new input.txt (if old input.txt is not there, no offence, just it has to create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace character string in txt file using input file(S)

Hi I have a large txt file on my AIX server and I need to replace some text using two other files. So filename1 has about 500 lines similar to: txtcode SYStem100 I have the string I want to change in string2 and the new stringname in string3. Does anyone know a way of doing this? I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping or awking multiple lines in a file - regex

data.txt: hellohellohello mellomello1mello tellotellotellotello bellobellowbellow vellow My attempts: egrep ".*mello1\n.*bellow" data.txt awk '/.*mello1.*\nbellow/' data.txt how can i search for patterns that are on different lines using simple egrep or awk? i only want the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the shell script to read the .txt file as an input/data?

i have written my shell script in notepad however i am struggling to pass the data file to be read to the script the data file is of .txt format. My target is to run the shell script from the terminal and pass 3 arguments e.g. polg@DESKTOP-BVPDC5C:~/CS1420/coursework$ bash valsplit.sh input.txt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk, sed, shell all words in INPUT.txt find in column1 of TABLE.txt and replce with column2 in

Hi dears i have text file like this: INPUT.txt 001_1_173 j nuh ]az 001_1_174 j ]esma. nuh ]/.xori . . . and have another text like this TABLE.txt j j nuh word1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search last column of INPUT.txt in TABLEs text and add correspond columns to INPUT.txt

Hi dears i use bash shell i have INPUT.txt like this number of columns different in one some row have 12 , some 11 columns see last column INPUT.txt CodeGender Age Grade Dialect Session Sentence Start End Length Phonemic Phonetic 63 M 27 BS/BA TEHRANI 3 4 298320 310050... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
2 Replies
SINCOS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 SINCOS(3)

NAME
sincos, sincosf, sincosl - calculate sin and cos simultaneously SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE #include <math.h> void sincos(double x, double *sin, double *cos); void sincosf(float x, float *sin, float *cos); void sincosl(long double x, long double *sin, long double *cos); Link with -lm. DESCRIPTION
Several applications need sine and cosine of the same angle x. This function computes both at the same time, and stores the results in *sin and *cos. If x is a NaN, a NaN is returned in *sin and *cos. If x is positive infinity or negative infinity, a domain error occurs, and a NaN is returned in *sin and *cos. RETURN VALUE
These functions return void. ERRORS
See math_error(7) for information on how to determine whether an error has occurred when calling these functions. The following errors can occur: Domain error: x is an infinity An invalid floating-point exception (FE_INVALID) is raised. These functions do not set errno. VERSIONS
These functions first appeared in glibc in version 2.1. CONFORMING TO
This function is a GNU extension. SEE ALSO
cos(3), sin(3), tan(3), feature_test_macros(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2008-08-11 SINCOS(3)