Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insert Block of Text into a File After a Ranged Search Post 302401530 by Franklin52 on Saturday 6th of March 2010 04:27:43 PM
Old 03-06-2010
Something like this?
Code:
awk -v var="$BLOB" '
/FirewallRuleSet known-users/{f=1}
f && /^\}$/{print;print var;f=0;next}
1' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert some constant text at beginig of each line within a text file.

Dear Folks :), I am new to UNIX scripting and I do not know how can I insert some text in the first column of a UNIX text file at command promtp. I can do this in vi editor by using this command :g/^/s//BBB_ e,g I have a file named as Test.dat and it containins below text: michal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Afzal
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert new text and change existing text in a file using SED

Hi all, I need to insert new text and change existing text in a file. For that I used the below line in the command line and got the expected output. sed '$a\ hi... ' shell > shell1 But I face problem when using the same in script. It is throwing the error as, sed: command garbled:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Text On file

Hi All, Can someone pls help me to insert some text on a file. my file contains something like below.. AKBULBU, BALUMIL, BATCH,BATCH BOARROB, BOTAKAT, C57896, CAKIOZE, CHECMER, CICOFRA, CISZPAW,2194485 I want output as USER_ID, LOGIN_ID (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert text after a block of text?

Input: fstab is a configuration file that contains information of all the partitions and storage devices in your computer. The file is located under /etc, so the full path to this file is /etc/fstab. The >>>>> characters would be replaced by some texts. For example if i run a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert value to db from text file

Hi, I have a single value in insertval file. I want to load that value to database with the current date. I tried the below code but it is inserting <NULL> to database and echo $c is also null. cat insertval | awk -F ' ' '{print $1}' > c echo c=$c data=`sqlplus -s user/pwd@hostname <<EOF ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract date ranged data from log file

Hi, I am trying to extract lines of data within a log file on a Redhat 5 Linux system. eg I need all the lines with a particular username over the last 3 minutes. the log file may read like this, and I want a way to search all the lines extracting all the relevant lines over the last 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mantis100
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and comment block of text from apache httpd.conf

I want to search for a block of text in httpd.conf that between two strings and comment it. There are multiple blocks with "<Directory.. and </Directory>" <Directory "${ORACLE_INSTANCE}/config/${COMPONENT_TYPE}/${COMPONENT_NAME}/htdocs"> # # Possible values for the Options directive are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert text within a file?

Hi, I am trying to check for missing dates in a file and would want to insert the missing date into the file. Currently the script is as below #!/bin/ksh dates="dates" cat ${dates} | grep -v "^#" curr_month=`date '+%m` curr_day=`date '+%d` curr_year=`date '+%Y` #curr_month=02... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a certain char and insert new text if a match found

Have a file which has the create statement like below create table emp ( empno integer, empname char(50)) primary index(empno); i need to find a string starting with create and ends with semi-colon ;. if so insert the below statement before create statement rename table emp to emp_rename;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohan0509
2 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)