Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [bash help]Adding multiple lines of text into a specific spot into a text file Post 302401413 by karthigayan on Saturday 6th of March 2010 02:11:21 AM
Old 03-06-2010
You can have the text to be insert in a file.Here I had the main file as "file1" and had the text in the file "file2".

file1:
Code:

IN      NS      ns1.domain.tld.
                IN      NS      ns2.domain.tld.
                IN      NS      ns3.domain.tld.
                IN      NS      ns4.domain.tld.

IN    A    255.255.255.255

file2:
Code:
                 IN      MX      mx1.domain.tld.
                 IN      MX      mx2.domain.tld.
                 IN      MX      mx3.domain.tld.
                 IN      MX      mx4.domain.tld.

Code:
str=""
while read line
do
        str="$str$line\n"
done < "file2"

while read line
do
        match=`sed -r "s/(^ *IN +A.+$)/$str\n\1\n/g" <<<"$line"`
        echo -e "$match" >>resultfile
done < "file1"

Here the result will store on the file resultfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding text to a file between lines

Suppose content of my first file: first line second line third line How can i insert text between "first line" & "second Iline" Any help?????/ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding specific text and spaces to each line in a text file

Hi, I wanted to add specific text to each row in a text file containing three rows. Example: 0 8 7 6 5 5 7 8 9 0 7 9 7 8 9 0 1 2 And I want to add a 21 at the beginning of the first row, and blank spaces at the beginning of the second two rows. To get this: 21 0 8 7 6 5 5 7 8... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hertingm
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding text to file on certain lines with(special characters)

I need to add "new lines" of text with special characters, to specific lines in the file. There are 3 modifications needed. Been testing 2 here without success. #!/usr/bin/perl use FileHandle; $file=FileHandle->new; $FILENAME="/opt/etc/usr/file.txt"; $file->open ("<$FILENAME") or die... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: A4ron4perl
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Insert values in multiple lines(records) within a pipe delimited text file in specific cols

this is Korn shell unix. The scenario is I have a pipe delimited text file which needs to be customized. say for example,I have a pipe delimited text file with 15 columns(| delimited) and 200 rows. currently the 11th and 12th column has null values for all the records(there are other null columns... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasan2815
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding tags to a specific column of a space delimited text file

I have a space delimited text file with two columns. I would like to add NA to the first column of the text file. Input: 19625 10.4791768259 19700 10.8146489183 19701 10.9084026759 19702 10.9861346978 19703 10.9304364984 Output: NA19625 10.4791768259 NA19700 10.8146489183... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep multiple lines from a text file using another text file?

I would like to use grep to select multiple lines from a text file using a single-column text file. Basically I want to only select lines from the first text file where the second column of the first text file matches the second text file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding text to the end of the specific line in a file(only to the first occurrence of it)

Hi, I want to add a text to the end of the specific line in a file. Now my file looks like this: 999 111 222 333 111 444 I want to add the string " 555" to the end of the first line contaning 111. Moreover, I want to insert a newline after this line containg the "000" string. The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About adding users from a text file using bash

hello, I try to add users from a text file with this form: username:groupename:homedir first i extract data which is separated by ":" then i use useradd to add users/groups. but,,, my code doesn't works : #!/bin/bash echo "give me a text file: " read dir # control if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ref012
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing multiple lines on the same line between specific text

This is an extract from a large file. The lines that start with fc are ports on a fabric switch. In between each fc port there is information about the port. fc2/12 is up Port description is SEIEDISCOVER-3 Speed is 4 Gbps fc2/13 is down (Administratively down) fc2/14 is up Port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Check::Domain(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	      Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Check::Domain(3pm)

NAME
Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Check::Domain - an instance of Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Check for domain names. SYNOPSIS
use Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Check::Domain; use strict; my $check = Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Check::Domain->new; $check->addDomain('example-1.tld'); $check->addDomain('example-2.tld'); $check->addDomain('example-2.tld'); print $check->toString(1); This results in an XML document like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <epp xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:epp-1.0 epp-1.0.xsd"> <command> <check> <domain:check xmlns:domain="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:domain-1.0" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:domain-1.0 domain-1.0.xsd"> <domain:name>example-1.tldE<lt>/domain:name> <domain:name>example-2.tldE<lt>/domain:name> <domain:name>example-3.tldE<lt>/domain:name> </domain:check> </check> <clTRID>0cf1b8f7e14547d26f03b7641660c641d9e79f45</clTRIDE<gt> </command> </epp> OBJECT HIERARCHY
L<XML::LibXML::Node> +----L<XML::LibXML::Document> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame::Command> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Check> +----L<Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Check::Domain> METHODS
$frame->addDomain($domain_name); This adds a domain name to the list of domains to be checked. AUTHOR
CentralNic Ltd (http://www.centralnic.com/). COPYRIGHT
This module is (c) 2012 CentralNic Ltd. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
o Net::EPP::Frame perl v5.14.2 2012-04-23 Net::EPP::Frame::Command::Check::Domain(3pm)