Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Disk free space planning for Sol 10 LU Post 302401370 by zeekstern on Friday 5th of March 2010 07:04:54 PM
Old 03-05-2010
Thanks for the links. I have already read those docs plus a ton moreSmilie and have not found the answer to my question.

Appreciate the resonse!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

free disk space calc

I everybody!! How can i use statvfs() to calculate disk usage and free disk space?? Im using this code: /* Any file on the filesystem in question */ char *filename = "/home/nesto/test/test.cpp"; struct statvfs buf; if (!statvfs(filename, &buf)) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ninjanesto
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX Free disk space

Hello, I would like to free some space to install gcc with is about 50M large, and I have no free space on my system. What can I delete? Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Free %Used Iused Ifree %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 262144 145436 116708 56% 7981 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script to log free mem and disk space

I'm just learning shell scripting and am new to Unix/Linux. For the past week I've been logging how much free mem is on my server by using the '$ top' command, and the free disk space in a few directories by doing '$ df -h'. It sucks doing that every hour. Can you help me write a script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enator45
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to understand disk layout and where are the free space

Hi I am unable to understand the disk layout of one of my disk attached to v240. This is newly installed system from jumpstart. I am unable to see the free space on backup slice 2 and there are 0 to 8 slices listed when I run format and print the disk info, also there is no reference of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

5. Solaris

command to get the total disk space (available + free)

is there a command to get the total disk space (available + free) on the solaris server ? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Free space at disk

Hi, I would like to create the new file system(mount point) in our unix server. before that i would like to know the total free space available in /home directory. Can you please let me know, how to find free space available for new filesystem? Be careful with your spelling and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Determine free space in a Disk device

Version: Solaris 10 (August 2011) on VM I am kind of new to Solaris.From VM workstation i allocated 35 GB to this Solaris VM's Disk The disk was named c1t0d0 Few basic slices for root(8gb), swap(517mb) and /export/home(494mb) were created by the solaris Installer during the... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: polavan
18 Replies

8. Red Hat

Subject: value out of range error on a disk with free 40 GB space

Hi, I installed RHEL 6.0 OS on vmware with CREATE CUSTOM LAYOUT option. And I gave the space to different mount points as mentioned below: / 15360MB /boot 200MB /tmp 3072 MB swap 1024 MB fdisk -cul command shows the disk size as 64.4 GB. But when I try to create partion of 10 GB with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GAURAV SRIVASTA
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help!! disk free space script

i want to write a shell script,when disk uses is 90% then automatically send a email to distribution list (group member)...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Check free disk space in server

Hi, I need about 500G space in one corporate solaris server. However, I am not sure which command to use to check this. There are few volume groups in the server, and I deleted unused, old volume groups to clear some space. However, now I am not sure how to check the free space itself. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
PURITY(6)							   Games Manual 							 PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)