Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Ubuntu Brainstorm? Server software suggestions please! Post 302401365 by guptaxpn on Friday 5th of March 2010 06:18:01 PM
Old 03-05-2010
Question Ubuntu Brainstorm? Server software suggestions please!

I'd like to find a similar sort of software, not ideatorrent, because that would require a full installation of drupal, but some very simple software for users to submit/vote on ideas/proposals for a semi-democratic committee that I'm on. I'd like to enable the people whom this committee serves to have a direct say and to be able to directly interact with the committee. They are allowed to come to meetings but as it is a monthly inter-state affair often requiring a lot of driving and time this would allow them to have their voices heard without physically attending the meetings.

Thanks!

(I'd really like to find something lighter weight than a full Drupal installation, I've had issues dealing with Drupal before!)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP Server Suggestions

I need to setup a DHCP server in our office for Macs, Windows (98/ME/NT/2000) Linux and Unix servers and workstations. We want it on a Unix server, but I'm unsure what is out there. The Unix world is new to me, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Corey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coreyhead
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Kaleidagraph like software for ubuntu 8.10

Hi all... I am having problems with some data that were created using Kaleidagraph. Now, I am looking for a software for Linux which can open and handle .QDA files. All I need is to convert these .QDA files into a more convenient format (.dat, .txt whatever...) so that I can create graphs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apprentice
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Corel Draw like software for Ubuntu

Hi guys, I need a software for Ubuntu *which has the capabilities of Corel Draw *which can open/import and use a .cdr template, i.e., template created by Corel Draw. *which has the same color codes, i.e., names for colors I have looked through Google, some suggested ones are Inkscape,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apprentice
7 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need suggestions on Virtual Machine software for Windows

Hi, I am currently having an issue with Virtualbox. It, at one point in time, worked like a charm. Then my internal 500GB HD failed in my PC. It was under warranty and I sent off for another one but did not want to pay for the expedited shipping nor did I want to wait a few weeks to get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server Monitoring Suggestions

Hi all - newb here. We're a Windows shop and I'm looking for something that I could stand up to monitor various aspects of our servers. I'm specifically looking for something that can: verify that servers are up verify services are up verify remote sites are up/accessible monitor CPU &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phylum
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubuntu software package compatibility

I don't have internet connection in my Ubuntu server, so package download directly from internet is not possible. So if I download package from Index of /ubuntu How do I find which version of package is compatible with my Release of Ubuntu server ( 15.10 ) user01@ubuntu01:~$ lsb_release -a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
0 Replies
byobu-launcher-install(1)					       byobu						 byobu-launcher-install(1)

NAME
byobu-launcher-install - Byobu Launcher installation utility SYNOPSIS
byobu-launcher-install [-n|--no-logout] DESCRIPTION
byobu-launcher-install(1) is a simple utilty that will add a line to your $HOME/.profile file which launches byobu(1) any time you login through ssh(1) or on a console(4). By default, when users detach from the byobu(1) session they will also logout. Users can change this behavior by adding the [-n|--no-logout] option when they run byobu-launcher-install(1). You can disable this behavior entirely at any time with the byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) utility. SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu(1), ssh(1), console(4), byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 3 Jan 2010 byobu-launcher-install(1)