Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting upload and download speeds with the help of script?How? Post 302401343 by jostber on Friday 5th of March 2010 03:39:39 PM
Old 03-05-2010
Conky - Conky - Home - has variables for upload/download for interfaces that can show you this on your desktop.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding out processor speeds for a sparc

i recently purchased a dual ross sparc processor kit from someone. the person listed these items as 133mhz processors, however, looking at bridgepoint's site, they do not make 133mhz processors. so i was wondering, how can i check the processor speeds? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Network speeds

Hello all, We have a group of Solaris 8 machines that are having some real network performance issues, they all go through a switch which *should* be set at 100 mb full duplex on every port which goes back to a master switch. I have checked the machines and the NIC cards are all set at 100 full.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr Pink
9 Replies

3. Linux

restrict file download not upload

hi everybody, How cud i stop downloading files from FTP and allow uploading files in FTP. Thanks & reg, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: utpalsarkar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to combine upload and download totals from txt file by ip address

I have two files, uploads.txt and downloads.txt. I would like to combine the columns of these files based on the ip address. How can I best do this? Uploads.txt 192.168.0.147 1565369 192.168.0.13 1664855 192.168.0.6 1332868 Downloads.txt 192.168.0.147 9838820 192.168.0.18 12051718... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zanyspydude
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Upload/download files using cURL

hi please help me out here, i want to use curl command in shell script to test web pages, what i have is an opening page, when i click on a button on opening page, the next page comes up and then i have to upload a file n then click another button to submit and then comes the output page,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivia
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

upload logo on script

any ideas on how to upload logo on a script?(solaris script) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script for SFTP Upload

I am attempting to utilize an expect script (that is called from a parent bash script) to perform a file transfer over sftp. The script works except I cannot catch timeouts. I need to be able to tell in the parent bash script when the expect script has timed out, or completed successfully. It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thaller
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 - A User Can Download File but Cannot Upload

Dear all, I have made a search on the forum, but couldn't find a related topic about this issue. * I have created a user on Solaris 10 OS with below command and then set password for the user. * Now i can FTP to OS with this user (hattesti). Although i can download files under related... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: byrusber
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VM v Physical Server Speeds

HI We have been asked by our IT department to move from our current physical solution to a VM environment. I am not that clued up on VM. I looked from some benchmark tests to run so i can see a comparison between our live and new VM we have been presented. Please see below for results. To me the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieve/download SSH key instead of Send/Upload?

Hi, is it possible to download/retrieve a public SSH key when you are logged in to the remote machine rather than sending the key, for example with ssh-copy-id from your local machine to the remote machine? I can only ssh into one direction (from the remote machine into the local machine),... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gczychi
5 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)