Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing tmp file too quickly? Post 302401332 by soleil4716 on Friday 5th of March 2010 02:41:10 PM
Old 03-05-2010
In the UNIX mail program try doing a 'set sendwait' and see if it changes anything.

I think you might be able to set this 'sendwait' thing inside the mail.rc file. I have not tested this - just an idea for you to consider.

Here is what I found about the 'sendwait' thing on the web:

Code:
sendwait
Wait for the background mailer to finish before returning. The default is nosendwait.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring /tmp and /var/tmp for suspicous activity

Hello, does anyone have a script that can check the contents of the /tmp directory and for example e-mail the directory content if anything other than session files are present? Maybe there are better ways to monitor suspicous /tmp and /var/tmp activity, if so I'm listening :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. Solaris

after init all /tmp file has been removed

I'm new in Solaris server After the system support reboot the Solaris server, all the files in /tmp has been removed, is that normal under Solaris or under different init level will get different result? which init level will do that? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yesthomas
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Increase size of /tmp swap File

Hi Guys I need to increase the size of my /tmp swap file. What is the easiest way to do this. Thanks Carson (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmackin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to quickly show Nth line from the file

Hi all, How can I quickly show Nth line from the huge file(at least more than 15GB)? I used the following script but seems slower. See 2717298 th line. head -2717298 data0802.dat | tail -1 Thank you very much (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need solution for this quickly. please quickly.

Write a nawk script that will produce the following report: ***FIRST QUARTERLY REPORT*** ***CAMPAIGN 2004 CONTRIBUTIONS*** ------------------------------------------------------------------------- NAME PHONE Jan | ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.palakj.shah
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching a file with extension tmp

Hi all, I am writing a shell script for processing files in a directory. I need to read files in the directory and process them and write it to another file. For example, if the directory contains the following files, file1,file2,file3 I want to process these files and create... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananddr
3 Replies

7. AIX

/tmp file system full

Hi, I would like to know if /tmp file system is full, wheather it will affect the peformance of application installed on AIX. if Memory and CPU are not heavily utilized. Regards, Manoj. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Permission of tmp file

The script written by csh, when it running it make some tmp file, the process need to read the tmp file to complete but tmp unable to open, don't have permission. Anyone know the way to automatic chmod the tmp file when run process. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diabolist9
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Core file under /tmp

Hi Guys Recently we have a issue where the core file under /tmp grows and there by /tmp becomes 100% full in our HP unix server. Any ideas or suggestions about how we can resolve this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to quickly substitute pattern within certain range of a huge file?

I have big files (some are >300GB!) that need substitution for some patterns, for example, change Multiple Spaces into Tab. I used this oneliner:sed '1,18s/ \{1,\}/\t/g' infile_big.sam > outfile_big.sambut it seems very slow as the job is still running after 24 hours! In this example, only the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
8 Replies
MAILER(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 MAILER(8)

NAME
mailer - script to warn users about their weak passwords SYNOPSIS
mailer password-files DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mailer command, which is part of the john package. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. john, better known as John the Ripper, is a tool to find weak passwords of users in a server. The mailer tool is useful to inform users which have been found to be using weak passwords by mail. You should edit the message mailer will send to the users, but remember to copy the script to a safe place before editing it, as it's gen- erally a bad idea to modify things living in /usr. SEE ALSO
john(8), unafs(8), unique(8), unshadow(8). The programs are documented fully by John's documentation, which should be available in /usr/share/doc/john or other location, depending on your system. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). John the Ripper and mailer were written by Solar Designer <solar@openwall.com>. The complete list of contributors can be found in the CRED- ITS file in the documentation directory. john June 03, 2004 MAILER(8)